X

Dummies in N.Georgia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dummies in N.Georgia

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFvRegBt-4U&feature=related"]YouTube- *MUST SEE* Bike Clocked at 153mph Cops Give up![/ame]
    R.I.P. CYBERPOET

***WE WILL RIDE TOGETHER AGAIN ONE DAY***

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.
    sigpic

Comment

The riders might be tools, but so are the reporters.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
        The riders might be tools, but so are the reporters.

Typical melodramatic local talking heads.
        One of the reasons I can't watch local news.
        L.A. local news is nearly unwatchable.

It took them all the way to the last 90 seconds to say it's just a small minority of sportbike riders.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
          Typical melodramatic local talking heads.
          One of the reasons I can't watch local news.
          L.A. local news is nearly unwatchable.

It took them all the way to the last 90 seconds to say it's just a small minority of sportbike riders.
          Exactly...... after repeating that it's just sportbike riders who are the problem. "the cruising motorcycles obey the law"...... "the fastest car we clocked was going 66mph" (by the way, I'm pretty sure I'm less of a threat at 90mph than a 2 ton tank going 66mph on that road).......

Wooo.... I can already feel the government twitching its legislative finger just thinking about these public nuisances....
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
            ... Wooo.... I can already feel the government twitching its legislative finger just thinking about these public nuisances....

Everyone thinks I'm beating a dead horse and love to get on my soapbox about a graduated license system for bikes, but unless we start policing ourselves "Big Brother" is going to do it for us.

Non riders writing road laws for riders. Not pretty, and we'll only have ourselves to blame.
            sigpic

Comment

Holy crap, I can barely afford my insurance now, I can only imagine what it would go up to after getting busted at 100+mph in 45mph zone! That is after I get my license back and don't get thrown in jail for too long.
              It's all good! It's goody good!

Comment

we start policing ourselves "Big Brother" is going to do it for us
                Our system isn't so good. I think it is more than a little scary that technically, having successfully written my M1 (written test only, and I never did get a copy of the book...) that I could have gotten on my bike and hurled myself down any public street so long as I did it during daylight, without a passenger, on a road with a posted limit of 80 or less and stone sober. (Maybe it's the sobriety that made it seem like a super bad idea). But 16, 17 year olds are doing exactly that!

I do speed in my car (most of my tickets get thrown out). I think I'm a great driver. I don't do it on my bike because I'm way too new to push the speed limit. Obviously, the video is excessive too. I love that N. Georgia apparently has so many bikes. We don't see that around here. I just wish they were being better ambassadors of the sport, especially when sport bike gets dragged into it.

Comment

Doesn't surprise me. Perception, reality, whatever...that old saying "The squeeky wheel gets the grease." sums it up..

The ones who ride stupid draw attention...and that's one the general public will see...as in that news story. So that will be the impression of what sportbike riders are to those people (non riders) watching that show.

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                    Everyone thinks I'm beating a dead horse and love to get on my soapbox about a graduated license system for bikes, but unless we start policing ourselves "Big Brother" is going to do it for us.

Non riders writing road laws for riders. Not pretty, and we'll only have ourselves to blame.

I wouldn't be against a graduated license system...I actually think it's a good idea.

However, I doubt it would solve this problem at all. I've been riding for years, and I still speed on occasion, ESPECIALLY on a curvy road. Granted, I wouldn't be doing 153, but 80 in a 45 wouldn't be out of the question on a decent mountain road on a good sportbike.

I still question why we have this culture that makes it OK for a youngster to buy a literbike in the first place. Everyone knows and accepts that if you want to teach someone to shoot, you give them a .22, not a 30-06. Everyone understands that when you learn to drive, you start in a 90's cavalier, not a Corvette. But for some reason when a young guy goes into a dealership and comes out with a new CBR, his buddies encourage him and cheer him on. WTF? When did that become OK?

Comment

Originally posted by tmk7c9 View Post

I still question why we have this culture that makes it OK for a youngster to buy a literbike in the first place. Everyone knows and accepts that if you want to teach someone to shoot, you give them a .22, not a 30-06. Everyone understands that when you learn to drive, you start in a 90's cavalier, not a Corvette. But for some reason when a young guy goes into a dealership and comes out with a new CBR, his buddies encourage him and cheer him on. WTF? When did that become OK?
                      It's not even always the buddies. I remember a friend of mine telling me about 10 years ago about a kid who when turned 16 his dad bought him a brand new Busa. I don't think the kid had ever ridden street bikes before. My friend said a couple of weeks later he saw this kid on the main drag in our city, dragging his feet on the ground as he was coming to a stop at the lights. Apparently his dad wanted to re-live his glory days through his son, and help him get chicks.
                      It's all good! It's goody good!

Comment

Originally posted by tmk7c9 View Post
                        I wouldn't be against a graduated license system...I actually think it's a good idea.

However, I doubt it would solve this problem at all. I've been riding for years, and I still speed on occasion, ESPECIALLY on a curvy road. Granted, I wouldn't be doing 153, but 80 in a 45 wouldn't be out of the question on a decent mountain road on a good sportbike.

You are right on all points. Idiots will be idiots, but it would get some of them off the wrong bikes until their skills catch up. I would force manufactures to actually sell the cool bikes over here that they sell in Europe to match the new required levels.

It's a start.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X