X

I sold my beloved Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sold my beloved Katana

It was my first bike and I bought it new six years ago. ... sniff...
    I have had two other bikes but never got rid of The Tank .. no reason to .. nothing was wrong with it.

But when a friend asked me what a good bike would be for his wife to start on I said without hesitation .. a Katana. So he asked if I would sell mine. He's a good friend and I suppose sooner or later that day had to come.

So I sold it to him and now I have guilt.

Farewell to my trusty companion. 45,000 miles and still going strong.
    Attached Files
    Race On The Track ... Never On The Street

Seller's regret. That happened to me in 99 when I sold this 85 Mustang LX 5.0 with t-tops that I completely restored. I regret it to this day!
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

Not to rub it in but that's a nice looking Kat. You're a good friend indeed.
      "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

I'm sorry man. It's gotta be rough.

Now.. what are you gonna buy with the money?
        Red 1988 600F

Comment

Originally posted by d3ad1ysp0rk

I've got a Kat he can buy. I'll exploit him while he's emotional

Comment

They'll be others, looks like she liked track days with all that speedtape. Now go adopt a new one!
            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Make sure you tell the buddy you have first-rights when it comes up for sale again -- i.e. - that you get first option to buy it back if he ever goes to sell it. Most of us have a first bike that we remember very, very fondly and wish we had never sold (or in my case, never sold to that idiot who flipped it at the stoplight the next day).

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I felt the same way when I sold my 1988 Kat 1100. Still miss that bike. Wish I had the opportunity to buy it back for what I sold it for.

Comment

Man I hate to think of this, but you know that line about new riders and what "always" happens to their first bikes. . .

I hope I'm wrong in this case - that's a good looking Kat and I hope he's skilled (and lucky) enough to keep it looking as good for a nice long time.
                  ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
                  Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Comment

I felt the same way Frank.
                    Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Originally posted by mx916
                      I felt the same way when I sold my 1988 Kat 1100. Still miss that bike. Wish I had the opportunity to buy it back for what I sold it for.
                      so how much did you sell it for? I have a 93 1100 for you
                      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

The proceeds went towards knocking down the balance on the K6 1000. I got it in December.

Having a note to pay is a pain in the arse. But I like this bike a lot.

Ride Safe ya'll and thanks for your kind words.

KatRiders is a great place to be !!!
                        Attached Files
                        Race On The Track ... Never On The Street

Comment

Originally posted by FrankTheTank
                          The proceeds went towards knocking down the balance on this thing. I got it in December.

Having a note to pay is a pain in the arse.
                          For a minute there i was kinda feeling sorry for you having to sell the kat and all. But not now, screw you AND your fine ass peice of machinery j/k

Comment

well, at least it's a damn good looking pain in the arse

Comment

The proceeds went towards knocking down the balance on the K6 1000. I got it in December.

Ride Safe ya'll and thanks for your kind words.
                              KatRiders is a great place to be !!!
                              Frank i'm not feeling sorry for you anymore.
                              Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Working...
                              X