X

Front Axle allen size

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Axle allen size

I am lookin to change my stock Dunlop 205s to Metzeler M3s and wanted to know the metric size ( looks like 3/8' ) allen for the front axle. So that I can get a socket for my torque wrench .
    sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

I thought all Kat bolts, allen, etc were metric??
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

It's not an allen bolt? It is metric though....

Comment

I know its not an allen bolt and i know its metric ...its an axle what size socket does it take to back it out ?
        sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

12mm

I bought a 12mm allen key and a cheap NN socket, my neighbour cut off a a inch and a half or so of the key. Then just JB weld it into the socket and your set. That way you can make sure the torque is correct when you put it back together.
          Kyle

Comment

thanx woobie.....Kyle..
            sigpic

Comment

Picked up a set of hex sockets from ebay for $15. You can also order 12mm hex sockets from Sears.

Comment

Working...
              X