X

Layed Her Down This Morning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layed Her Down This Morning

Easy though. It didn't go all the way down - I was kinda holding it up while killing myself (back muscles).

I was at a stop sign on a rural road - no traffic. Turned left from the stop sign, but I was in second gear (I should know better - I've been riding for 25 years and I've taken the safety course twice!!!!!!!!!)

I learned that the Katana does not like to start off from second, and it will stall quicker than $$$$. Once it stalls, it is no longer the delightful, powerful machine I've grown to appreciate over the past week. It become a 430 lb rock!

Minor scratch to the timing cover on the left side of the bike - can't even really see it unless your bending way down. I'm glad I was able to hold it up a little - at least enough to save any fairing damage.

Hope someone learns from my stupidity.
    2006 750 Red/Silver Kat.

I feel for ya.
    Gripp & Regripp

Comment

I did pretty much the same thing today (Semi-drop). Parked in a parking lot, on a slight hill. Put the kickstand out, but it didn't fully engage, and when I went to get off, there goes the bike.
      Luckily it fell to the side I was getting off on, so I avoided most damage, but my back muscles were like "oww.".
      Red 1988 600F

Comment

know the feeling
        i put reds down trying to get her on the centerstand
        glad no one saw me
        You're Welcome,
        - The Social Invalid

Comment

That sucks but at least nothing but a scratch!
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

could have been a lot worse, you still have your bike and your pride

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Really ? I've done that before . I just slip the clutch more , THEN realize it's in second . Now THIRD is a little tougher ...
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

can you get some touch up paint?
                06 KAT 600

Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                  Really ? I've done that before . I just slip the clutch more , THEN realize it's in second . Now THIRD is a little tougher ...
                  I do the same, it requires less clutch and more throttle, after the first few seconds of take off you can usually realize whats going on and remedy it on the move.
                  05 GSX-600
                  89 zx750r
                  04 Honda TRX-450

Comment

On the downshift, I know I'm in first because I listen for the "clunk" when going down from 2 (at a stop; I rarely downshift from 2nd to 1st while in motion). Conversely, during an upshift, I know I'm in 2nd listening for the same noise. The travel through neutral is my only indicator whether I'm in 2nd or 1st sometimes.

Comment

been there, done that on the dropping of the bike. nice smarts to hold up what you could. my dumb... lets go every time.

Comment

Been there...done that...didn't go down or stall tho...

Slip it w/ some gas and it's fine in 2nd...

Sorry 'bout the drop dude!

'89 Toyota Supra Targa N/A
                        '90 Supra Turbo- mods in profile
                        '96 Kat 750-mods in profile--SOLD!!
                        '96 Honda CBR900rr -- I go outside and hump it at night.
                        '02 Honda CBR954rr -- Red, 'cause it's faster!

Comment

Originally posted by jw
                          Originally posted by md86
                          I do the same, it requires less clutch and more throttle, after the first few seconds of take off you can usually realize whats going on and remedy it on the move.
                          Well yeah , that's what I meant . More throttle and let the clutch out slower once I realise what's going on . But the -1 front sprocket helps a bit .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Yep dropped mine standing still...wont explain I've posted that before.....along time ago.....

Comment

Working...
                            X