No announcement yet.
X

Got broadsided...bye bye 05 Kat 750 :-(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once the insurance company comes up with a total based on age/mileage of the bike, fax over receipts for any upgrades installed (fumoto, etc), plus for all the gear you were wearing (helmet, jacket, boots, etc). These increase the value of the claim and are reasonable additions.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Dang man that really blows...Most importantly you are ok. It takes a lot of courage to get back on a bike after having an accident I am sure,but its awesome you are looking to get back on again. You will get another Katana possibly even blue if you look around. Just glad to hear you are ok. Keep us updated on everything.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
        You never mention any injuries, so I'm hoping you are 100%. I'm sorry to hear of your accident.

Hope Juan ends up somewhere south of the border!
        Originally posted by Najus
        Hey man not all Juan's are bad. My and my donkey are peoples.
        You're right you know -- he never said he was hispanic. It could be Pierre LeBlaque and I should be hoping Pierre ends up somewhere north of the northern border! Or Gustav VonSillibooti and he should end up somewhere way east of us!

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
          This is just to much. I don't remember reading about so many accidents EVER in such a short period of time.

I am glad to hear you made it through ok, and be glad that the bike took the brunt of the accident instead of you.

You got that right man, every week we're hearing of someone new involved in an accident. Maybe it just seems to come in waves or something but I havent heard of this many in a short time in quite awhile either.

Glad you're ok man and Im glad you had some good witnesses that got that guys plate ! Serves him right

One question though, 2-3 months to get your check?? Wow thats an awful long time especially if they are most likely gonna total it.

Comment

Glad you walked away from it, I hope everything works out for you with the Insurance.
            05 GSX-600
            89 zx750r
            04 Honda TRX-450

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
              Originally posted by SweetLou
              This is just to much. I don't remember reading about so many accidents EVER in such a short period of time.

I am glad to hear you made it through ok, and be glad that the bike took the brunt of the accident instead of you.

You got that right man, every week we're hearing of someone new involved in an accident. Maybe it just seems to come in waves or something but I havent heard of this many in a short time in quite awhile either.

Glad you're ok man and Im glad you had some good witnesses that got that guys plate ! Serves him right

One question though, 2-3 months to get your check?? Wow thats an awful long time especially if they are most likely gonna total it.
              Yes my insurance company (Geico) took forever last time, 2yrs ago...I'll have to see how they handle this accident. I have heard that "Progressive" is very good...If Geico drags this out, I'm going to drop them when this is over.

I sure would like to get a 06 Kat 750 before they are gone...I had one heck of a time finding my bike last time

I guess I'm stuck with driving my cage for a while...but that will give me a little time to warm my wife up to getting another bike. She is still freaking out about the whole incident. I honestly don't know what to tell her, I mean I'm a very safe/good driver...but just got unlucky, being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I'm going to try and keep my chin up...and stay as positive as I can. In my opinion when it's time to have my ticket punched by the big man upstairs, it won't matter if I'm driving a car, truck, motorcycle, or ???

Thanks again everyone for the kind words, they/you have really raised my spirits

Wishing all of the very best...
              Stay cool 8)

Comment

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I dropped my Kat of for its first service yesterday and saw that my local dealer had an 05 blue 750 used in the showroom. They also have a beutiful marroon 06 just like mine if you are interested.

Their # is 518-785-1005. The Dealer name is Seymours Motor Sports - They are in Cohoes, NY...

Happy shopping and good luck with talking the wife into a new one....

Comment

glad your okay, i got rear ended on 5/15 by an illegal, no insurance, license or grasp of the English language. My insurance had to pay for everything, said they would track him down and sue him, good luck finding him. Anyway, glad that your alright,sorry about the bike.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad that you are ok

Comment

Dang canadians
                      Live and Lean.
                      When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
                      "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
                      Romans 3:23

Comment

Hi Everyone, just wanted to give you the final end result of my accident...

My insurance company finally paid me last week, I came out a little ahead because they gave me a little bit of money for pain/suffering.

I went last night and picked up a brand new 2006 Kat 750 in black/silver at Temecula Motorsports.

They are very nice people down there...told them what had happened to me and they sold me the new Kat for the same price I had paid for my 2005 Kat...$6900 OTD...so I'm pretty happy right now

When the accident first happened my shoulder was really really sore, but about a week after the accident it was back to 100% normal
                        (Kinda scared me at first though, I could barely move it the first three days).

My wife has been a very good sport during this whole ordeal, supporting me and not saying one negative word...she did kiddingly joke last night when I got the new Kat "if you get in another accident, that's it for motorcycles"...so here's hoping that is the last time this happens

So I'm busy ordering all of the goodys to fix it up already...got a new helmet too, a Shoei RF-1000.

Thanks everyone for all of your positive posts/comments. I'm glad to be joining all of you once again out on the road...sometimes there are happy endings

Wishing all of you the very best

Your friend... 8)

Comment

Let me be the first to welcome back to the fold!

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Welcome back Also I am glad it worked out for the best sometimes it doesn't always good to hear something positive.

On another note...rcrsix I just left seymour's the other day and did you see they really having nothing used/new for sport bikes WOW. Anyways if you wanna ride one day I am game I live in Albany which is about 20 mins from seymour's they are really good people there too.
                            "Wait you are hitting me for something I might do"

Comment

Welcome Back, Glad it's worked out OK for you.
                              Smooth is Fast

Comment

ouch

Comment

Working...
                                X