No announcement yet.
X

Just put Mesh on my Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it. How much pressure can you put on the mesh when you have to clean the bike. I've never used JB weld.
    Darrel
    '04 Honda F4i

Comment

Originally posted by slowflyn
      I like it. How much pressure can you put on the mesh when you have to clean the bike. I've never used JB weld.

I washed my bike many times since i've put the mesh on with the JB weld, so far, hasnt budged an inch..holding up very well..my 2 year old son, even pushed on it the other day, before I could stop him, and it didnt budge..so, so far so good.

highly recommend it

Comment

I like it, it looks good, but I havent done this mod because I like to be able to see the motor clearly. But dont think im hatn'. Just my .02 $.
        Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

How hard is it to remove JB weld if you ever want to change the mesh that you put on, or if you want to paint it a different color?

Comment

once the JB weld is on..its on for all intents and purposes.

I think Zleviticus was working on a way to create a system so its removeable.

I can understand ur wanting to see the engine cleary, but really IMO at least, thats one of the reasons most people do it is to cover up the cutouts so you dont see the frame and engine as much. For as many bolts as there are in the kats fairing, it really doesnt take too long to remove them should u need to check anything or do maint.

Whatever floats your boat, as long as you like it, thats all that matters

Comment

Looks great Wild Kat!!
              Good work, I think that mod might really catch on!

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                Looks great Wild Kat!!
                Good work, I think that mod might really catch on!

really? ya think?

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I was waiting for someone to catch this!!
                  It was the oldest post I could find not related to the "new" site..

Comment

I was gonna lambaste ya, but teddy beat me to it

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by Gytrdunkat View Post
                      I was gonna lambaste ya, but teddy beat me to it
                      Y'all don't know me well enough to know I searched out the oldest thread to raise from the dead?

Comment

Oh come on, try harder, this can't be the oldest one.....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
                          Oh come on, try harder, this can't be the oldest one.....
                          I have been asked to STFU..

Comment

where do you buy the mesh at?? Is it paintable? with what type of paint
                            06 KAT 600

Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbody45 View Post
                              where do you buy the mesh at?? Is it paintable? with what type of paint
                              in the first page of the posting he wrote

So I was talking to one of the home depot workers, who showed me this stuff that he used to use when doing mods to cars in his garage. looks nearly identical to gutter mesh, wont rust, and only cost 7.00 for a 10' by 3' sheet. Used JB Weld to hold everything in place.

the other stuff he used instead of gutter mesh was concrete mesh
                              sigpic

Comment

If you use gutter mesh or concrete mesh with JB weld how will you get to the carbs or whatever if you need to is there any other way to secure the mesh without permantly placing it there.
                                06 KAT 600

Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

Comment

Working...
                                X