No announcement yet.
X

g/f dumped her bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my first bike like 3 weeks ago, I couldnt wait to get it tagged so I know what she is feeling. I have rode dirtbikes my whole life so I had the concept and I got on it and it came naturally to me. So my advice is see if one of your buddies has an 80cc dirtbike. She can get the controls down and the turning. Then go to a parking lot have her ride around in first gear to learn how to start/stop (its easy once you get rolling) after that go down some back roads at about 30mph and have per practice turns at different speeds.
    2002 GSXF Katana 600- Sold
    2004 GSXR 600

Comment

already told her me trainin her is outta the question cause i wont be responsible for her messin up the bike without at least the stunt cage on it. there is a company just down the road from me who makes them but i cant ever seem to get ahold of them nor does their site show they make a cage for the 250. im stickin with the tryin to find a little dirt bike idea.. but that's another problem in its self. at any rate thanks for the feed back guys

Comment

maybe while in the parking lot you could remove the plastic's and still put on the smaller slider

Comment

Coming from another girls perspective I can understand that she wants to hop right on and go and not wait. Women are impatient when it comes to things we want! lol

But in all honestly, my kat sat in front of the house for about a month before I could get on it. I really wanted to take the course first before I got on a bike not knowing what the heck I was doing even though I had hubby for the support. Waiting is just worth it in the end.

Good luck finding something to help teach her in these next few weeks before her course. I had so much fun with the course! It was well worth it.
          I'm not short.....I am fun sized!

Comment

Originally posted by Rican Katgrl View Post
            Coming from another girls perspective I can understand that she wants to hop right on and go and not wait. Women are impatient when it comes to things we want! lol

But in all honestly, my kat sat in front of the house for about a month before I could get on it. I really wanted to take the course first before I got on a bike not knowing what the heck I was doing even though I had hubby for the support. Waiting is just worth it in the end.

Good luck finding something to help teach her in these next few weeks before her course. I had so much fun with the course! It was well worth it.
            just outta curiousity... how tall are you.. shes 5-2 so first step is lowering the bike

Comment

Originally posted by polarrunr View Post
              just outta curiousity... how tall are you.. shes 5-2 so first step is lowering the bike
              I am probably about 5'0" on a good day...lol

My Kat was lowered 2" and I still can not flat foot it. I am pretty much on the balls of my feet when ever I am stopped. Took some time for me to get used to that. I sometimes have issues backing up the bike if I am on gravel or a slight hill but usually I try and stay away from places like that if I am by myself. If hubby is with me then he just gives me a little push.

But the kat is a hefty girl!
              I'm not short.....I am fun sized!

Comment

i recomend putting a cage on the bike if she cant wait the bike shouldnt suffer. frame sliders do have the potential to break wrong and fu** your frame which is an expensive fix

Comment

Originally posted by JRod750 View Post
                  i recomend putting a cage on the bike if she cant wait the bike shouldnt suffer. frame sliders do have the potential to break wrong and fu** your frame which is an expensive fix

this is the main thing i want done.. problem is finding someone who makes a cage for the little 250.. so far the search continues

Comment

Working...
                  X