• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to...
    Now I'm too old...

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
      Why do you think most guys refer to their bike w/ female names!!! so yeah of course I give her a hug. You cant just love em and leave em, you have to make them feel special and appreciated.
      it's true what you say. guys have some kind of affection towards their bikes, whether we want to admit it or not. which explains why i stopped hugging my kat. when you been with her for 12 years, the hugs just sort of die out. hmm....guess it's alot like marriage...lol.
      but i am rebuilding it. then maybe i will fall in love with her all over again.
      and again, like marriage....if you send your wife off for a boob job.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

awe comon mojoe, dont let the love affair die out..do something new and spotaneous, something that'll knock her off her fee...oh wait, we're talking about bikes, sorry

Comment

I usually lay down if I'm cruising 75mph or faster (on my way to campus or something) - but only because it cuts down on the wind noise a lot. Not 'cause I think I gain X more hp 'cause of wind resistance or anything. But even then, I can only lay down so far for so long before it gets uncomfy, then I pop back up again until the noise gets annoying :P

The GF pretty much does the same, but also hugs the bike when we ride at night and we come across a cold spot - she gets cold easily.
          "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Originally posted by Teh_K
            I usually lay down if I'm cruising 75mph or faster (on my way to campus or something) - but only because it cuts down on the wind noise a lot. Not 'cause I think I gain X more hp 'cause of wind resistance or anything. But even then, I can only lay down so far for so long before it gets uncomfy, then I pop back up again until the noise gets annoying :P

The GF pretty much does the same, but also hugs the bike when we ride at night and we come across a cold spot - she gets cold easily.
            I'm with you. From about 80-90 on the turnpike, it usually pushes me over a little, to where I have to fight the wind. I usually down under the windscreen for awhile. Also, it has to save on gas to lay down, having less resistance. Like on a truck, when you drive with the tailgate down.

Comment

i only lay down when i'm going at sustained high speeds (90+) and the wind gets on my nerves.

after awhile my neck starts getting soar from keeping my head in place, and my ears ring like crazy.
              I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
              http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Sometimes I also lean to stay warmer. When cold wind isn't blowing directly on you, it makes a big difference.

Comment

Working...
                X