X

Come'n along nicely

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come'n along nicely

I'm a little over a year old and just over 6200 mile's on my new Kat. I was reading post's about speed and was thinking about when I first started. Slow and steady lasted the break in period, my knowledge of bike's has come along way also, mostly the nasty little trick's the dealer's like to play,(My buddy has worked at the dealership's almost 25 year's now). Riding has come along the most, harder and faster now. I remember the 40mph turns at forty now are taken at 80 or ninty(safe to do last week early no traffic 100 miles outside of town) And I scraped my toe..... That's a new level for me. Been lot's of "close call's" I mean real close. But I'm still here, faster, safer and a whole lot damn smarter about being on two. I'm still green so I'm nobody to really take advice from but to all the other newbie, just take it slow and go,"YOUR PACE" you'll get to the same finish line as the rest of us.
    Peace out be safe fellow Katrider's
    2003 gsx600f (the yellow one)
    vortex sprockets,D&D slip on,c/f led lights
    JIM's cowl, mesh, clearalt's ds signal, zero gravity ds screen

Riding and learning at your own pace is the best way to go. Practice makes perfect and trying to rush it is not the best thing to do. Cheers to you for your progress and getting better w/ each ride.

Be careful about draggin those toes though, be sure to keep the balls of your feet on the pegs and that will help solve that. The last thing you need as your getting more confidence in turns is having that toe drag and get caught and pulled back under your peg!!

Comment

Its good to do your faster riding outside of town. Just always be aware that there is still a small chance of a car or truck around the next blind corner!!

Comment

I have noticed as I get older, my riding habbits get less and less agressive.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Re: Come'n along nicely

Originally posted by QuickKat
          .... to all the other newbie, just take it slow and go,"YOUR PACE" you'll get to the same finish line as the rest of us.
          Peace out be safe fellow Katrider's
          I think that is one of the most important things to get every new rider to understand.
          Kyle

Comment

I found that riding with more experince riders pushes you to your most limits. But sometimes the limits your pushing is not your own. I love to ride and want to ride for a long time so I do everything at my own pace. Sometimes that may 70mph or 140mph whichever it is it is mine at the time.
            Know your means and then ride within them.

Comment

Actually, you are probably heading into the most dangerous period of your riding life right now -- the point where you feel confident in your skills and your bike -- but are still apt to possibly get "caught out" by something you didn't expect or aren't 100% capable of dealing with. And since you're now traveling faster, pushing the limits a bit harder, you are more likely to encounter that panic-reaction inducing (or brain-freezing) event.

Be safe, be careful, and remember that the best investment is still more training.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou

You're old!!!

Comment

Thanks Cyber, to tell the truth that was on of the first thing's I thought about when I realized how I ride. The "EDGE" is that much closer and the experince's are all new again from "coming in too hot" to just plain junk in the road. "Brain-freezing" hate it ,hate it,hate it. Not as much anymore I guess but those time's are few and hard to practice for. Just stay within my limits and when they do come I have the time to Focus and Breath, not panic and grab a handfull of brake or turn off the road.
                  Riding is the $#!T, I love it but you cant ride when your dead.
                  The bike givith and the bike take awayith.
                  2003 gsx600f (the yellow one)
                  vortex sprockets,D&D slip on,c/f led lights
                  JIM's cowl, mesh, clearalt's ds signal, zero gravity ds screen

Comment

Originally posted by freight dog
                    Originally posted by SweetLou

You're old!!!
                    Don't make me come over there and beat you up!!!!

Let me just take a little rest first.....
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                    X