X

New rider in Calgary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rider in Calgary

I've been lurking on the forums for a little bit now and figured I should introduce myself.

Started riding about 3 weeks ago, as in never been on a motorcycle before that and my first ride was at the parking lot course. Took the road test and bought my bike the following weekend, kinda out of necessity since I have no other way of practicing.

Anyway, bike is a Silver 2004 750. Not a huge fan of the color but I love the bike. Has a couple of scratches on one side but nothing major. I've already added about 1k kms to it on top of the 25k that was already on there. I'm hoping to learn a bit more about maintenance and possibly look into painting it over winter.

Attached an image of the bike, hopefully that works
    Attached Files

Welcome to KR. That's a good looking bike.

Comment

Niice!! Welcome to KR! Be sure to check out the wiki, lots of good information as well as a Free Manual download!
      My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
      2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Nice bike and welcome to kr

Comment

Originally posted by maniac1886 View Post
          Niice!! Welcome to KR! Be sure to check out the wiki, lots of good information as well as a Free Manual download!
          Thanks everybody! Yeah, I downloaded a copy and have already started on some of the maintenance items since I can't be sure what the previous owner did or didn't do. Great resource.

Comment

Welcome!
            sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
            1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
            2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
            First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
            Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome to KR! and nice bike...

Comment

Welcome. Unless you have proof, always a good idea to assume that no routine maintenance was done. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                  Welcome. Unless you have proof, always a good idea to assume that no routine maintenance was done. Good luck!
                  Thanks, that's what I'm going to assume at this point. I've also noticed that the bike sounds a little rough when it's idling but since it's the first bike I've owned I don't know what's normal and what's not. I'm reading up on valve adjustments and carb cleaning/synching. Those will be my next items over winter, which it already feels like it is considering how cold it is right now

Comment

Cool bike, very clean.

Comment

Working...
                    X