X

01 kat 600F

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01 kat 600F

hello everyone im new to the post and also new to the world of motorcycles this is my first bike and looking to keep it up i bought a 01 kat 600F and i cant figure out why it idles so high 6 to 7000 rpm i also have four carb vacuum lines that are just under the tank that are not connected to anything need help is there a diagram or anyone have a pic of were these lines go.as so how do u adjust the choke if i open it up and close it back it stays wide open

Welcome to KR! There is a link at the top forum for the Katana Wiki. You can find all kinds of info there. Here's a link that takes you to where all of the info is posted in the wiki: http://katriders.com/wiki/index.php5...ecial:AllPages Carbs 102 would be for your bike. Some of the experts will be along shortly.
    sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
    1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
    First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
    Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

I'm not one of those experts that ^ mentioned. But idling high like that is often because of air leaks and the carbs not being synced.

The fact that your choke stays wide open is something you need to address before you do anything else though. An open choke is going to make the bike idle higher too.

Is the choke cable attached to the carbs? You may have to remove the tank to get in a good position to tell. If it's attached, is the cable snapped? Is the rail that the choke plungers attach to missing/bent/broken? Give the cable a gentle tug where it attaches to the carbs to verify it is all in one piece. The cable might not be snapped, but may be frayed and/or binding. Lubing it could help with binding, replacement would be called for if frayed. If you can move the choke lever but not see the cable move at the carb attachment point, it's also possible that it's not properly connected at the lever. Unscrewing the control pod would let you verify it is hooked up.

There are also service manuals available for download in the wiki, so when you head over there, be sure to get a copy!
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

6-7000 isn't a vac leak. Way to high for that. A way out of sync carbs would cause it, as would a stuck choke.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by rikeo View Post
          hello everyone im new to the post and also new to the world of motorcycles this is my first bike and looking to keep it up i bought a 01 kat 600F and i cant figure out why it idles so high 6 to 7000 rpm i also have four carb vacuum lines that are just under the tank that are not connected to anything need help is there a diagram or anyone have a pic of were these lines go.as so how do u adjust the choke if i open it up and close it back it stays wide open

Post pics... help us see what your problems are.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Welcome to the board

Comment

Working...
            X