X

cracked one of my coils

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cracked one of my coils

so my spacers that go between the frame and the coils were too small and didn't do their job. SO when i was tightening them down i cracked the casing of the coil. I ordered new coils which were almost $140 , hopefully once i get the new coils in the bike will run. It is depressing because it is now in the 60's and i can't ride..

bummer
    was that aftermarket coils?
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

none of my business really, but why not buy them used from ebay? they are cheap. you could have save $100.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
          none of my business really, but why not buy them used from ebay? they are cheap. you could have save $100.
          i don't know, i don't really like buying used stuff like that

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
          bummer
          was that aftermarket coils?
          nope oem
          Last edited by redkatana; 03-31-2008, 05:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by redkatana View Post
            i don't know, i don't really like buying used stuff like that
            well, start

Comment

was something between the coils and the frame at the time of you tightening them down? because they need to be tight. or did you make your own spacers?

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by redkatana View Post
                nope oem
                next time you have to ask some info before buying like that. you could have gotten a new set of dyna hi performance coils for the same price.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
                  next time you have to ask some info before buying like that. you could have gotten a new set of dyna hi performance coils for the same price.
                  +1

It's a good idea to ask a few Q's before spending your money. There are a lot of knowledgable members here. It's a win win. You save some money and you pick up a bit of knowledge yourself.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

I just got a set of 3ohm dual got put Dyna coils. I paid like $150 but that was WITH IL state tax. But with Dyna coils you gotta spend another $30 for wires. Seriously though I'd have to say 35,000+ voltage out put is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                      I just got a set of 3ohm dual got put Dyna coils. I paid like $150 but that was WITH IL state tax. But with Dyna coils you gotta spend another $30 for wires. Seriously though I'd have to say 35,000+ voltage out put is worth it.
                      American by birth, Italian by the grace of God

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80 View Post
                        was something between the coils and the frame at the time of you tightening them down? because they need to be tight. or did you make your own spacers?
                        yeah like i said there were spacers but they are not long enough so the ends of the coils bent

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                        i don't make a lot of money so the difference between $137 and $180 is quite significant...i was going to ask about aftermarket coils but i just wanted to get my bike running
                        Last edited by redkatana; 03-31-2008, 10:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

you don't make a lot of money eh? I get $757 a month in disability and about $1000 a month off my parts sales, I have them, I mean I can understand it being a hard ship, but come on, it isn't impossible.

Comment

the stock coils work just fine. plus buying new gives you little more guarantee they won't fail when it is most important. yeah they are just like everything else out there, massed produces so yeah you always run the risk of a bum coil even new.

I just asked about the spacers, because stock they *should allow you to tighten them down sufficient without cracking.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80 View Post
                              I just asked about the spacers, because stock they *should allow you to tighten them down sufficient without cracking.
                              you would think so.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Working...
                              X