X

identify this wire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• identify this wire

So i have my tank and plastics off to do a little work this winter, and stumbled upon this...

Any ideas what that loose connector is? Cant figure it out for the life of me...
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Does your clutch safety work correctly?

I can't remember if that's yellow/w or yellow/g.

Chances are it's a fan connector for the cali bikes.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Looks like part of the dimmer..
      Attached Files

Comment

Yeah , there WILL be a couple wires that actually don't connect to anything . As long as it runs ok , and all your buttons and lights do things , don't worry .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

everything works was just kinda curious as its kinda poking out there out of nowhere, looks like its never been used
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

yeah there are wires on the harness for stuff in other markets, and cali emission stuff, if everything works, don't worry.

Comment

I've got a connector like that too...I thought I remember someone saying it was for the dealer techs, so they can disable the clutch interlock when starting the bike?

Comment

I've got the same wire connected to nothing. Dont sweat it, Not for anything we need. Mines a 93 750
                If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

I've got the same thing. No worries

Comment

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
                    I've got a connector like that too...I thought I remember someone saying it was for the dealer techs, so they can disable the clutch interlock when starting the bike?
                    Nah , that don't make sense , nor is it necessary . All you gotta do is yank the wires from that to short it . MUCH easier than taking the tank off to plug in something .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
                      That's not it dude, I'm with Matt, if you want to disable the clutch switch, there are WAY easier ways to do that. Dealer tech's know that and if they don't they shouldn't be a dealer tech.

Comment

When I disable the clutch lever safety switch I just put a bungee cord around the lever, what could be simpler!
                        2005 GSXF750 Katana
                        1991 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000
                        1993 Kawasaki VN750 Vulcan

Comment

Comment

i think thats a USB cable plug so you can charge your MP3 player while you're riding
                            Captain of Squad 11

Comment

Isn't that for the fan for Cali bikes?

Comment

Working...
                              X