Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Myrtle Beach bike week, Sport bike friendly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myrtle Beach bike week, Sport bike friendly?

I haven’t been to Myrtle in a very long time. I saw they had a bike week down there in May and I figured it would be a perfect time to go and take the Katana and see the sights again. I am not going because of bike week or any of the events associated, but I figured it would be a good time to go.

The more I learn about this it seems it’s more of a Harley event. Please tell me that there will be at least some sport bikes around?

My real estate agent (yeah I know ?!) was talking about it last week and said when he went there were a lot of sport bikes. He and his wife ride cruisers.
    So don't know if that is usful, don't know how long ago he went, and we are also up here in Canada
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      I am not in the mood to get beat up because I don’t drive a Harley I am still going regardless, but I am not attending any of the events unless I meet up with a few people down there…

Comment

please post pictures of chicks

Comment

Originally posted by Chris07
          Thanks for the reply.
          I am not in the mood to get beat up because I don’t drive a Harley I am still going regardless, but I am not attending any of the events unless I meet up with a few people down there…
          It is not likely that you would get beat up. For sure you may take a bit of ridicule, but that is usually about the extent of it. I have been to plenty of rallies where the majority of bikes were harleys and cruisers. The most that I ever had was comments like, "get rid of the jap scrap and buy a real bike"....or other similar comments.
          HOWEVER, there are things you have to watch out for. Just beware after the sun goes down. Seems like the harley freaks get a bit more rowdy once darkness falls and the brew starts flowing. Just don't stop off for a drink at a bar with 53 harleys lined up out front. You just have to use common sense.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I go to Bike Week every year (for the past 5 or so years anyway). These days you see a mixture of Harleys, customs, Metric cruisers (politically correct term for jap bike), sportbikes, etc. I've never had a problem. There are tons of customs to look at and some pretty cool demo ride. I rode the Boss Hoss (V8 powered) bike last year. All of the vendors are primarily Harley or cruiser oriented. You can also see some stunt shows at several locations. One location has the Wall of Death, it's pretty cool.

Comment

i cant wait 2 go to bike week
              i have been tru hell only god can judge me now

Comment

you'll be in the minority.. but there's enough sportbikes down there, and cool people on non sports, to talk to and hang out with. Its definately predominately cruiser and harley specific,...but u'll be ok, and plus unique !

Comment

like any other event it will probably be cruiser orientated, but there will be sport bikes.

Hell last summer everywhere I went Id say there were only about 5 sportbikes for every 100 bikes
                  Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

We'll be having our own bike-week (end) at the Red River Gorge in mid-May , in case you wanna skip the beach ...
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

They hold 2 bike weeks at myrtle in may, one at the beginning of the month for the harley crowd,And one at the end of the month That's just for sportbikes.Some of the guys i ride with make it a point to go every year,And they 've told me it is absolutley crazy! I'm hopeing to go this year
                      97 TL1000S,K&N filter,Micron exaust cans,Ceramic coated headers (black),Air box mod,+2 Rear sprocket ,Chrome Rims,Metzeler M1 tires,Polished Chain Guard,Heel Guards,Clutch and Brake Levers and Brake arm

Comment

Originally posted by katana_j
                        They hold 2 bike weeks at myrtle in may, one at the beginning of the month for the harley crowd,And one at the end of the month That's just for sportbikes.Some of the guys i ride with make it a point to go every year,And they 've told me it is absolutley crazy! I'm hopeing to go this year
                        ?? never heard this. I know bike week is from the 13-22....

Comment

I would like to go some day. Maybe next year I'll be able to make it.
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Chris07
                            Originally posted by katana_j
                            ?? never heard this. I know bike week is from the 13-22....
                            The second bike week is usually memorial day weekend I think and it' typically is referred to as Black Bike Week. There is a website someone mentioned in another thread. It's mostly sportbikes, stretched Busas, etc. and I hear there is a lot of drag racing that goes on. I don't like that weekend too much. I was down there on a family vaction once and didnt' realize a bike weekend was going on. The crowds were ridiculous. We couldn't get out into traffic to go out to eat. We turned around and went back to the campground. And if you wait to leave until Monday morning of memorial day weekend, be prepared to sit in traffic for a while.

Comment

Working...
                            X