Cracked Rim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracked Rim

Hi Everyone,

I'm doing this post for my friend. He bought a 1994 Suzuki RF900. His rear rim is cracked and dented on different sides. Hi is looking for rim but with no luck. I want to know if he can use another rim, from a different bike? Say like, Katana, GSXR, etc. Does he need to get the same year? Will there be a diffirence in feeling of the bike.

Here are his rear tire specs: 170/60-17
    His bike was built from :1994-1997

Any help will be appriciated.

Ron Ayers tells me 1993-1995 GSXR750W

Part # 64111-17E10-Y22

Ron Ayers says both bikes use the SAME part.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

It's a 5.5 rim with curved spokes right? 90-95 gsxr should fit as long as you match up the correct number of slots on the sprocket carrier.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yep its a 5.5 three spoke on the RF9 but its straight spoke

it makes no difference to the fitting tbh as the curved spoke wheels share the same hub, sprocket carriers from 5.5 wheels fit untill you get to the very late post 95 ones, the only differance on sprocket carriers starts then so as long as you stick to 90 to 95 1100 wheels it will fit (7" dia carrier) one or two of the 600's & 750's had the smaller (6" dia) carrier

Hope it helps
        Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
          Yep its a 5.5 three spoke on the RF9 but its straight spoke

it makes no difference to the fitting tbh as the curved spoke wheels share the same hub, sprocket carriers from 5.5 wheels fit untill you get to the very late post 95 ones, the only differance on sprocket carriers starts then so as long as you stick to 90 to 95 1100 wheels it will fit (7" dia carrier) one or two of the 600's & 750's had the smaller (6" dia) carrier

Hope it helps
          90-95 have versions of the 5.5 with 5 slot (mostly used for the gsxr 600 that I've seen) and 6 slot (750+ in cc size) for the cush rubber insert slots. This is based upon the information I was able to gather for my 5.5 pre kat matching up wheel swap.

96 - to I think around 01 gsxrs used the straight spoke style and are 5.5". Check bike bandit or ron ayers websites to match up the bearings between those model gsxrs and the one on the RF your friend has, and if you find ones that do... I'd bet they are the same wheel.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
          X