X

Bridgestone Tire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridgestone Tire?

Went down to my local Ridenow Powersports shop in need of a new rear tire for my 06 KAT 600. Got a flat due to a nail at work. I got a Bridgestone Trail Wing 152. This is my first bike and rice in all weather conditions. Do you all have any thoughts on this tire? And any suggestions on a front tire to match the rear. Thanks in advance.

Why are you using a dual-sport tire on the Kat?
    1990 Kat 750 GSXR750 cams Barnetts clutch kit Yoshimura full exhaust

Comment

I have no idea but it seems to be alright. I just ride back and forth to work. just curious if anyone else was using the same tire.

Comment

Interesting...do you actually ride on pavement?
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Should of went with some Conti road attacks or Metzler Z6's. Why would the folks at ridenow powersports reccomend a tire like that to you? Might as well get the front to match the rear or go give em hell and make them remove it and give you something else, not dual sport.
          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Doesnt that thing make noise like crazy? Not to mention riding rough.
            Originally posted by arsenic
            93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

I'm getting the continental road attacks for my next set.

The Metzeler z6 rear doesn't look like it'd be good in the rain?
              I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

He was so full of knowlege it's astounding
              Reading the news, my heart was pounding.
              My prayers go out to his family & friends.
              He is the best there was and ever been.
              RIP Marc "Cyberpoet" Glasgow

Comment

Take that DS crap back and make em sell you a proper tire for your bike. If you like Bridgestones, try the BT 021's. Or get a good sport-touring tire like the Pirelli Diablo Strada, Metzeler Z6, Continental Road Attack, Michelin Pilot Road 2 or Dunlop Roadsmarts.

mjangus89 - the front Z6 will sweep the water away and the rear will track in the cleared path. From what people have said, it is actually a pretty good tire in the rain. If you look at the Stradas and BT 021's, they have a similar design on the rear. And they are all good in the rain. Going straight in the rain isn't the problem, it's taking curves, so you look at the grooves on the shoulder of the tires and you will get an idea of how they will track in the wet.
                2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                BMC Notorious 918 HT
                2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Z6 is a great tire in the rain, and the new Interact is supposed to be better.
                  The TW doesn't come in an appropriately sized front IIRC. If the shop seriously suggested you mount the TW up then head back over there and insist that they replace it. All the dual sportish tires will have a short lifespan on asphalt.
                  Pics
                  Pics
                  No pics yet
                  Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

ya that does make sense. i think i'll still get a set of the conti road attacks. i like how the tread design looks
                    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

He was so full of knowlege it's astounding
                    Reading the news, my heart was pounding.
                    My prayers go out to his family & friends.
                    He is the best there was and ever been.
                    RIP Marc "Cyberpoet" Glasgow

Comment

The tire rides smooth and it is not rough or noisy, but the front tire to match is not the right size for the Kat. Will never buy anything from the Ridenow crew again. They are a bunch of dimwits. If you aren't on a GSXR or a Busa they don't care.

Comment

Get that trailwing tire off there....
                        the KAT is way to heavy and why any shop would sell you an enduro tire for a Sport touring bike is beyond me.
                        98 GSX750F
                        95 Honda VT600 vlx
                        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I really like my Avon Azzaro's. I dont have much to compare them too but they are a lot better than the Dunlops I had. Havent slide once with the Avons, on water or debris.
                          Originally posted by arsenic
                          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Working...
                          X