• Show
Clear All

hooked on phonics werked fer me!
    Joker
    The newest addition to the Family!
    sigpic
    stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Etskatana...... what calculation would you have for the tire change in the front? Original 140/80-17.....now 120/70-17. Would you get a height difference?
      Scuffin' the pucks!

Comment

140/80-17= 25.82
        120/70-17= 23.61

sorry i didnt have the time to right all the calculations but hope it helps

Comment

Originally posted by etskatana View Post
          140/80-17= 25.82
          120/70-17= 23.61

sorry i didnt have the time to right all the calculations but hope it helps
          So my front tire should be 23.61" in diameter. I agree with how you get the calculations but that doesn't give you an accurate measure.

Each tire company will have different specs for the same size tire. Check out the spec on my dunlop qualifier on dunlop's website, here is the link:

It actually measures 23.80", which would be a difference of more than 3/16". May not be much but there can be a little difference in calculating it that way.

But anyway.... I have my stuff at powdercoat and once I get to set the forks back on I will set it back to the original angle.

I'll repost to let everyone know if I can notice any changes. I'll try some small adjustments before hitting those curves to hard.
          Scuffin' the pucks!

Comment

Originally posted by dcc5266 View Post
            So my front tire should be 23.61" in diameter. I agree with how you get the calculations but that doesn't give you an accurate measure.

Each tire company will have different specs for the same size tire. Check out the spec on my dunlop qualifier on dunlop's website, here is the link:

It actually measures 23.80", which would be a difference of more than 3/16". May not be much but there can be a little difference in calculating it that way.

But anyway.... I have my stuff at powdercoat and once I get to set the forks back on I will set it back to the original angle.

I'll repost to let everyone know if I can notice any changes. I'll try some small adjustments before hitting those curves to hard.
            yeah your right about that.... they allow a bit of variation to a certain point..... and i dont understand why tho but they do lol

Comment

Hey! Just got my wheels, fork tubes, and swingarm back from powdercoat. One little spot on one of the wheels. Other than that, everthing looks good! Check out my pics!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
              Scuffin' the pucks!

Comment

Originally posted by dcc5266 View Post
                Hey! Just got my wheels, fork tubes, and swingarm back from powdercoat. One little spot on one of the wheels. Other than that, everthing looks good! Check out my pics!

http://s569.photobucket.com/albums/ss133/dcc5266/
                nice!!!! so did you ride it yet ? if yes what was the result ?

Comment

Originally posted by etskatana View Post
                  nice!!!! so did you ride it yet ? if yes what was the result ?
                  No, not yet. I just got the parts back today. I will let you know in a few weeks.

I will keep posting pics of the progress....keep checking back.
                  Scuffin' the pucks!

Comment

That swing arm looks great powder coated! Niiiice choice!
                    Joker
                    The newest addition to the Family!
                    sigpic
                    stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Originally posted by JokerZwild View Post
                      That swing arm looks great powder coated! Niiiice choice!
                      Thanks!! I can't wait to start putting everything back together. You guys are great and thanks to everyone for your support!
                      Scuffin' the pucks!

Comment

Very generally, no bike that is expected to take an aggressive corner should have a rake greater then 105 degrees. Under suppressional load in a corner anything more upwrite will have a tendency to washout the front wheel especially if hitting the front brakes when the bike is over in an extreme angle.

The rake measurement can be changed by either dropping the tree through the forks or even more dramatically, raising the rear. The forks will naturally slide forward if dropping the front; where as the front axle will be a pivot point if lifting the rear via dogbones or minor w a rear tire change. Especially when dropping the front more weight will be on the front handlebars for those that take corners w cross steering or hands vs riders that ride w their legs. Its a matter of preference and ground clearance. A good safe rule of thumb is to not slide forks of any bike over 1 inch past oem setting when dropping the front; consider fork springs when going lower.

Comment

Working...
                        X