Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

06 Kat 600 - Want New Exhaust - Recommendations???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 Kat 600 - Want New Exhaust - Recommendations???

Hey what's everyone,

I have a 2006 kat 600 and two questions:

1. My bike has 160 miles, is it too early to put a new exhaust on it?

2. What is the best slip on (power, mpg improvement, sound, doesn't require re-jetting) exhaust for less that $300 for this bike?

Thanks
    Godspeed
    CSBA #1167
    Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

I think the only real change will be sound. My understanding is that slip-ons dont require re-jetting - although it would benefit from it.
    -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by 600Kat4EB View Post
      Hey what's everyone,

I have a 2006 kat 600 and two questions:

1. My bike has 160 miles, is it too early to put a new exhaust on it?

2. What is the best slip on (power, mpg improvement, sound, doesn't require re-jetting) exhaust for less that $300 for this bike?

Thanks
      You put a slip-on you will want to be a racer for sure. WHen I had my OEM exhaust on my bike. I was kinda mild rider. Now I got a slip-on I love hearing sound. Find myself in the high-rpm more often.

I got my Yoshi (which I highly recommend) for $50. But used. And mileage. I get 47mpg avg mostly city driving and thats with sprockets, jets and etc...

But I hear some slip-on without a jet kit having a slight poping sound under deacceleration. But nothing that will hurt anything. Just a different tone.
      sigpic
      Update Jul 11 2014
      Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Spend the extra 40$ and get a Two Brothers M2 VALE slip on, easy to install, little louder than a yoshi, deeper tone, overal AMAZING!

Comment

Two Brothers or Hindle

I have a 16" aluminum Hindle super sport on mine.
          VERY deep tone, throaty not raspy.
          98 GSX750F
          95 Honda VT600 vlx
          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

if you want loud go d&d , i have a yoshi on mines not to loud on idle but gets loud when u get on it. try ebay for a good deal . i've seen brand new d&d on their for about $215.00

Comment

I have a D&D. Some people will complain that they are too loud, but I like it. If I go on a couple hour rides I will wear some ear plugs. You will still like the soud, and they are a good idea just for the wind noise. You will notice your ears ring less when you are finished with your ride.

I haven't heard any of the other brands so I can't really compare, but I can say the D&D sounds mean as hell over 7-8 grand.
              -2000 "750"

Comment

thanks guys. went to youtube and heard some exhaust. I think the 2 brothers has the edge. However, I still have the question about is my bike too new for this upgrade? any ideas?
                Godspeed
                CSBA #1167
                Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

The Hindle and two brothers sound about the same, and was the main reason i went for the hindle. Same sound far less $$$. Not to mention is was the most recommended pipe but some of the best performance tuning shops including Ivan's.
                  Last edited by hardlydangerous; 05-27-2008, 02:39 PM.
                  98 GSX750F
                  95 Honda VT600 vlx
                  08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Do you know what the model number for the hindle is? I know the two brothers is an m2.

Thanks

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                    The Hindle and two brothers sound about the same, and was the main reason i went for the hindle. Same sound far less $$$. Not to mention is was the most recommended pipe but some of the best performance tuning shops including Ivan's.
                    Godspeed
                    CSBA #1167

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
                      I have a D&D. Some people will complain that they are too loud, but I like it. If I go on a couple hour rides I will wear some ear plugs. You will still like the soud, and they are a good idea just for the wind noise. You will notice your ears ring less when you are finished with your ride.

I haven't heard any of the other brands so I can't really compare, but I can say the D&D sounds mean as hell over 7-8 grand.

Comment

No bikes to new to breathe a little better.
                        sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
                        RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
                        I Miss You Pop
                        2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
                        BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

Comment

I went with a yosh RS-3 SS & I love it

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post

I love my D&D. Guy I bought my bike from put a full D&D exhaust system on the bike. to pricey to be something i would do myself, but i love the sound. With the jetted carbs and K&N the bike rides wonderfully.
                            ~Fly On Bird Your Free At Last~

Comment

Working...
                            X