X

how do u use seafoam?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do u use seafoam?

ok so i just got this bike and every one is telling me that since my bike is a little sluggish due to sitting for a few years everyone is telling me to sea foam it. but how much do i use and what the order i do it in....please just give me the basic step by step instructions on how to do this because i heard that if you do this wrong you can lock up your engine???

thanks

How to Use Sea Foam
    In Tune-Up of Small 4 Cycle Carbureted Engine Lawn Mowers, Tillers, Edgers, Snowblowers, etc.

1. Start engine. If engine will not start, check spark and compression. If engine has spark and compression, pour a small amount up to 1/2 ounce into the carburetor throat. Sea Foam will act as starting fulid and will start the engine unless there is a mechanical or electrical problem. With engine warm, keep on high idle and slowly pour one ounce through carburetor throat. Make sure exhaust is well ventilated when using in the carburetor as fumes will be extreme for a short time.
    1. <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">Pour 1/2 ounce to one ounce into small fuel tank and oil crackcase.
    2. Immediate Results: Same as for large 4 cycle Autos, Trucks, Tractors, etc.
      NOTE: One pint treats 8-25 gallons of gas (average one ounce per gallon) or 6-12 gallons of gas oil mix (average 2 ounces per gallon.) Does not replace oil. Use frequently.

For Small 2-Cycle Engines

1. Use procedure 1 of tune-up of small 4 cycle carbureted engines.
    2. Pour 1/2 to 1 ounce into small fuel tank.
    3. See label on can for exact detailed results for use in each area Fuel Tank-Carburetor.
    NOTE:
    Sea Foam does not replace 2 cycle oil.

For Engine Storage

1. For storage, the engine should be thoroughly saturated internally with Sea Foam. Sea Foam can be injected internally through the spark plug holes or through the carburetor with ignition off.

For Fuel Stabilization

1. Use 1 pint to 25 gallons or (average of 1 ounce per gallon) to stabilize and condition fuels. One pint stabilizes 25 gallons of regular, unleaded and diesel fuels.
    1. Use 1 pint to stabilize 6-12 gallons of 2 cycle (gas-oil mix) fuels (average 2 ounce per gallon).

02 Kat 750F
    68 Mercury Cat

Comment

Good info!

Comment

Originally posted by tjv11022 View Post
        ok so i just got this bike and every one is telling me that since my bike is a little sluggish due to sitting for a few years everyone is telling me to sea foam it. but how much do i use and what the order i do it in....please just give me the basic step by step instructions on how to do this because i heard that if you do this wrong you can lock up your engine???

thanks
        Just put about 6 oz in to your tank, go fill it up, ride for 200 miles, fill it up, done!

Now, next week, do it again!

Comment

1. Go to shop.
          2. Find Seafoam
          3. Read instructions on side of can.

Comment

Originally posted by Robgsxf750 View Post
            1. Go to shop.
            2. Find Seafoam
            02 Kat 750F
            68 Mercury Cat

Comment

Originally posted by Robgsxf750 View Post
              1. Go to shop.
              2. Find Seafoam
              smarta**!:mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by sassyduck View Post
                smarta**!:mrgreen:

Dunno? That's what I'd do.

Comment

Oh, I agree...I still found the delivery of your instructions amusing.

Comment

sitting for a few years? sea foam isn't going to cut it good sir. you need to clean your carbs.
                    if you insist on trying get some Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner and run it with a quality gas but still sticking with an 87 octane. It might help after the 2nd tank.

I sell sea foam all day long and its great for something that has been running and its multipurpose as you can get. But, the build up you have after a few years of sitting will not be broken down and cleaned away with a few tanks of a fuel system cleaner . I've tried many times.

heres a geat how-to.

Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
                    From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
                    this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

www.disruptstudios.com

Comment

Originally posted by sassyduck View Post
                      Oh, I agree...I still found the delivery of your instructions amusing.
                      Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Disrupt Studios View Post
                        sitting for a few years? sea foam isn't going to cut it good sir. you need to clean your carbs.
                        Agreed!

As to how to use Seafoam, 1/3 can in the two tanks immediately preceding the oil change.
                        Pics
                        Pics
                        No pics yet
                        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

now why would someone take the 8 times more time to write a post, put it up, read all teh replies instead of just reading the instructions on the can?? I just can NOT understand this
                          99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                          1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                          '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                          Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Personally, I am more offended by the use of the letter "u" as a noun, but he didn't know/wanted to be sure, whats the harm in it. Hell you can read the instructions all day long on the side of the box for a K&N filter, but it still won't tell you that it's not a good idea to put it on a 'Tuna.
                            Pics
                            Pics
                            No pics yet
                            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
                            X