X

The review I've been waiting for

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The review I've been waiting for

You’ve heard the phrase, the battle is won but the war isn’t over. That certainly is the case with our 2009 Supersport Shootout. It wasn’t easy for Kawasaki to beat its Japanese stable mates, and now the new Daytona 675 shows up to take a swing.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

On the street I think all the new 600 class sportbikes are so close, it would be almost impossible to say any single bike is the best at everything. They're all winners.
    John,
    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
    sigpic

Comment

The Daytona is blowing up.

Comment

I agree with Sprague, it basically just comes down to personal preference on looks and riding comfort. Although I'm sure you're gloating right now Scotty.

Comment

Not that it really matters, since Scotty's 03 ZX-6R is nothing like the '09 ZX-6R lol
          John,
          '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
          sigpic

Comment

^ +1

Comment

Originally posted by beherenow71 View Post
              I agree with Sprague, it basically just comes down to personal preference on looks and riding comfort. Although I'm sure you're gloating right now Scotty.
              See that's the thing, I'm not gloating. I love my Kawi's but I'm not THAT loyal to them...come on guys...

The new 6R kicks seven shades of **** out of the other I4's, I was curious as to how the Daytona would fare. I knew it would be close, just wondered how close.

And yes the 09 6R is nowhere close to my 636. But you guys gotta understand it from my perspective, the 07-08 Ninja 6 was a joke. A terrible joke. Other than the brakes and the swingarm, the 07-08's are trash. Even the R6 beat them on power, which is a big deal (sorry beherenow, not saying it's better, but Yamaha has always been towards the bottom on power and Kawi is always at the top, seeing it reversed is a sign of bad engineering.)

1.) 03-04 636 comes out and stomps everything
              2.) 05-06 636 gets nice refinements to make it more street oriented and less track focused
              3.) 07-08 599 gets a total redesign, looks bland, has no power (comparably) and gained a looooooot of weight.

I'm just happy Kawasaki has gotten back to doing what they do best, focusing on the engine and then making sure all other components are up to the task. I've ridden my share of Ninjas, but the 09 just feels perfect.

I wanted to see how the Daytona triple would stand up to the Ninja, as they both put out similar power at the crank, and weigh about the same. Now I know.

So to all of you thinking "Oh god another thread where Scotty pushes the Kawis," **** you, don't be so stupid.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Only giving you some ****e Scotty. I'm glad to see something go the Asian way after all the Brit lovin around here lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
                  The Daytona is blowing up.
                  i seen one of these for the first time in person the other day. i didnt want to star but who can blame me, they are so beautiful
                  99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
                  06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
                  06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
                  lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

Comment

I still prefer my Daytona.......

Though it is about time that Kawi not only updated their lineup but did so in a dramatic way so as to silence the other Jap bikes.....

The midrange pop of the Daytona is deceptive. I totally get with what they are saying in that you are going faster then you feel a lot of the time. The only knock I have against the Daytona they brought up too and that is the ergos. Since you pretty much sit on top of the bike your center of gravity is a bit higher and thus turnins can be a bit weird. Thankfully the bike is so narrow and light it makes up some for it.
                    I am a Penn State fanatic.
                    Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
                      I still prefer my Daytona.......

Though it is about time that Kawi not only updated their lineup but did so in a dramatic way so as to silence the other Jap bikes.....

The midrange pop of the Daytona is deceptive. I totally get with what they are saying in that you are going faster then you feel a lot of the time. The only knock I have against the Daytona they brought up too and that is the ergos. Since you pretty much sit on top of the bike your center of gravity is a bit higher and thus turnins can be a bit weird. Thankfully the bike is so narrow and light it makes up some for it.
                      How many miles you got racked up on the Daytona so far? Get frame sliders yet?

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

No I have not gotten sliders yet. Want the LSL ones as they have the colored pucks....

I think the bike has about 2500 miles on her. Not nearly as many as I woudl have thought but then again my commute to work is only 7 miles so it keeps the mileage down. Hell my truck of 3 years only have 33000 miles on it and that includes numerous long distance trips. I am in the small group of people that normally put less then 10k on a vehicle a year unless needed...

Though with my enjoyment of the 675 I ride a lot more just to ride I find then I did with the Kat...
                        I am a Penn State fanatic.
                        Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Working...
                        X