Air fuel screws-again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ICEG View Post
    2.5 turns
    yep i know but does it only change the idle mixture?

Comment

no, it fattens EVERYTHING, not just at idle. It will run richer through the whole RPM range.

Comment

But it's most noticasble in how the throttle responds , which when you start to recognise HOW exactly that is , it'll become more important . I HATE lean-snatch mid-corner .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I searched in my shop manual and it say that they're supposed to be a 1.5turn for the 600.
          Why whouldnt you just set them there, go at the emission test, pass it and then reset them to 2.5 ?!

Comment

uuummm, your shop manual does not say 1.5. It says pre set and non adjustable. I have the SUZUKI service manual, trust me, I know. Ok your in Canada, it may say 1.5, for US specs it says pre set and non adjustable.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              uuummm, your shop manual does not say 1.5. It says pre set and non adjustable. I have the SUZUKI service manual, trust me, I know. Ok your in Canada, it may say 1.5, for US specs it says pre set and non adjustable.
              My bad, 1,5 is the UK spec, actually I have the shop given by this site's user. but for my bike its the oem suzuki.
              Im wrong, you're right, happy now?
              Instead of arguing uselessly and helping him sh*t, do someone here know some infos for cleankat96??

Comment

uuummm... dude, I'm not sure what your smokin', but if you notice before I corected your questions, I did answer everything he said. Oh, you don't have to tell me I'm right, I already know that.

Comment

I stopped smokin' actually...maybe thats the problem.
                  If you tell me that stock 600 with epa plug are at 2.5.
                  Well once again you're right
                  Cuz he asked for difference between stock and 2.5 but I cant see an answer. neither at whould it pass at 2.5 question.

Comment

not sure what you're asking, but carburetors in the US with the EPA plugs on them are not at 2.5 turns out. They come at around 1.75 turns out. Which is too lean. As I already stated I can't comment on weather it will pass emissions at 2.5 turns out. IL doesn't run tests on motorcycles

Comment

Actually I wasn't asking any question, cleankat96 asked what was the oem turns on them. You've just answered it.
                      Thanks!

Comment

kinda along the same topic.....my kat is jetted(ivan's) can the a/f screws be adjusted w/o taking the fairings off? i had a shop do it and they followed the instructions that came with the kit...4 turns out but now i think its running too rich and want to set it to 3.5 turns out...can this be done w/o removing anything?

Comment

you've gotta have a 90 degree screw driver to do it without taking the carbs off, I still take the fairing off. You probably don't HAVE to.

Comment

[Hi-jack mode on]
                            OK, the factory 1.75 turns is too lean for bone-stock and 2.5 is good. I'm pretty sure I've seen 2.75 somewhere on this site, too. What's the setting for stock carbs/intake, GSXR 750 headers and Yoshi pipe? I just backed mine out from 2.5 to 2.75 (Bike was warming very slowly and then running hot after warm-up.) but while I've still got the carbs out I'd love to benefit from someone's experience.
                            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

uuummm.... what year GSXR 750 header? Warming up slowly has NOTHING to do with the a/f screws. If you want it to warm up quicker you need a 5 degree ignition advancer. Since you have a pre 98 750, and that's pretty much the same engine as a 88-89 GSXR 750. I don't see the GSXR headers doing a world of change. I'd say 2.5 - 2.75 turns out.
                              Last edited by arsenic; 02-18-2009, 08:52 PM.

Comment

I need to check mine as well 2002-600 with a slip-on so the air screws should be 2.5 or 2.75 ??? And do i need a 90 degree screwdriver ???or a long little one ?please

Comment

Working...
                                X