No announcement yet.
X

Was I right or wrong?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

signals ha yrs ago me and a friend was ridin round in tha country. we motion to this truck we were gonna pass. this old farmer sticks out his hand and flipped us tha birdy and then locked up his truck and made a left turn almost burning both of us we were fighting mad "if that f**king jackass wasnt so old id chased him down and wooped his ass" well we were ridin later that week and seen tha truck at tha store so we stopped ta nicely let him know he bout killed us both. we approach him outside the store so he could see the bikes and know who we were. he reaches for the door handle and oh my god he only had a thumb and middle finger we felt like asses and realized he was signaling left turn. geeesh.
    a voice came to me and said, sacrifice that which you love the most (my girl and my bikes)
    so i lied and gave up my girl.

Comment

Originally posted by brooder
      Depending on the circumstances, passing a vehicle that has the slow-moving vehicle sign is legal even in a no passing zone. They pose a traffic hazard if not passed. Although, it's still illegal (at least in IL) to pass two vehicles at the same time.

As for signalling your disdain, you took the moral high ground and did nothing. Kudos to you. I would have given her the steel-toe rub off at the next stopping point not to mention several singal point gestures at the earliest opportunity. But I have an anger problem, so not everyone would do that.
      What about on a 3- or 4-lane highway?
      -Tiny

'05 Katana 600

Comment

If there are two lanes in one direction, then yes, you can pass.
        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
        -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by crypt dog
          signals ha yrs ago me and a friend was ridin round in tha country. we motion to this truck we were gonna pass. this old farmer sticks out his hand and flipped us tha birdy and then locked up his truck and made a left turn almost burning both of us we were fighting mad "if that f**king jackass wasnt so old id chased him down and wooped his ass" well we were ridin later that week and seen tha truck at tha store so we stopped ta nicely let him know he bout killed us both. we approach him outside the store so he could see the bikes and know who we were. he reaches for the door handle and oh my god he only had a thumb and middle finger we felt like asses and realized he was signaling left turn. geeesh.
          That is just freakin' funny!

Comment

Sounds like she had a long opportunity to pass but decided to take it when you were going to do it. Bad timing and she thought she was 'right' *sigh*

Comment

Easy done. Quickly ride up beside her and kick her door and speed off. Just kidding

You were right, it was her fault, she was creating a traffic hazard. You are allowed to pass mowers on a 2 lane road, if the other lane is clear.
              Just remember: Satan loves you

Comment

ya know i just had a Accord cut me off today in traffic...
                Control braked (almost to a stop from 60 mph) Racheted downa couple gears (to have power) looked Right to make sure I had an Escape path (about 2 car lenghts before a bumper of a VW Beetle) Dumped into the Middle Lane from the Left lane, and in the same motion, dumped right back in front of her and Went back to 60 mph. (i was thinking at least 7 Off colored words aboutt he driver as i passed her)

Stupide people like this is the reason Police Interceptors Need to have Credit card Shredders (for Driver licnences of people who really don't deserve them)

just another 2 pennies

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk_Kat

Stupide people like this is the reason Police Interceptors Need to have Credit card Shredders (for Driver licnences of people who really don't deserve them)
                  I like this comment and have to agree.

Comment

Easy solution...punch out her drivers side window, grab cellphone from her ear along with the huge sunglasses that take up her whole face and shove them up her keister. Proceed to ride away preferablly at a high rate of speed.

Comment

Originally posted by sexwax
                      You are a squid. It says so under your name.
                      I'm no squid, my only ticket on a MC proves it, see attachment
                      Attached Files
                      This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make.

Comment

Originally posted by stringy_germ
                        How much does that kind of squidly ticket cost (120 in a 65) in that neck of the woods?

Curious
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

ya i bet you were passing slower moving vehicles if your doing 120 lol
                          03 katanika

Comment

Originally posted by iwannadie

Comment

What was the ticket for $

Comment

Originally posted by iwannadie
                                LOL, I rarely pass faster moving vehicles.

I believe the fine was $288 which turned out to be the same fine if I was going 21 mph over the limit but he could have gone way over that. The cop didn't give me a wreckless because I pulled over, then the judge saw that and took it easy on me.
                                This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make.

Comment

Working...
                                X