Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Anyone have any experience with this nifty product?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any experience with this nifty product?

While searching the web I came across this site. I was wondering if anyone has seen or heard of this thing in action...???http://www.convertibars.com/

If I'm not mistaken someone here has them on their Kat..

Comment

I remember someone mentioning them on here before. Might find something doing a search for them on here.

Might be just what some people are looking for.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

OOo, i'm def gonna keep my eyes out for those, sounds like a really good idea.

Comment

Back in the pre-KR (KP) days, one member ordered them and bolted them onto his Kat. Although cool in concept, he said the range of adjustment was actually heavily limited by the size & shape of the instrument surround and fairing where it wraps up around the surround. That's pretty much all he had to say... I don't recall who it was or what ever happened to him after that.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I posted about them before, but I don't have them. I wanted to get a set, because at the time I bought my bike I wasn't used to leaning forward so much. I've gotten used to it now, and at $385(?), I don't need them any more.
            1995 Suzuki Katana 600
            1981 Suzuki GS450 (Only moves when I push it)

I am "a halfway decent rider and wise-ass who is way too narcissistic for his or her own good." (Results of http://www.bytebrothers.org/SquidTest.htm, July 12, 2006)

Comment

Me I wanted to lower my grip so I did take a look at them but they were expensive and not easy to install on the Kat. So I got Vortex clip-ons instead ... now the grip is like a super sports bike but if I ever plan to ride a real real real longride .. an hour and the original are back on.
              Guylaine
              Try and keep up now

Comment

and here i was gonna order a set of ape Hangers for my Kat

Comment

Sounds like a good idea but pretty expensive for what it is. I think I would rather invest the money else where and deal w/ the riding position.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk_Kat
                    and here i was gonna order a set of ape Hangers for my Kat
                    And some hiway bars ? Actually , that don't sound half bad .....
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

sounds like a lot of work.did you see what it said under the kat install.
                      (
                      The Suzuki Katana 750 has a 'P' kit status. The "P" status kit is only for those people who cannot wait for us to confirm the installation on their bike, and would like to take the time to confirm the installation on their own. Since all our base kits have passed the R&D phase, going from a "P" status to a "C" status is only a matter of ensuring a proper fit. If you chose a "P" status kit, we encourage you to order the base kit only, determine the fit, and only then order the proper length replacement parts if needed. You may need to drill holes, tap holes, relocate the Master cylinder(s), and or other things in order to make this kit fit your bike. )i think i will pass!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X