X

"HELP" Front sprocket cover clutch cable connecting area "pivot?" problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "HELP" Front sprocket cover clutch cable connecting area "pivot?" problems

I dont know what this piece is called but I think its called a "pivot" ?
    Its the lever that the clutch cable ball connects to.
    My problem is while taking my clutch cable loose for the very first time in my life I was having alittle difficulty. Therefore, I decided to take that lever loose (2 bolts) from the sprocket cover so that maybe I could disconnect the cable easier. Well, I got the cable off but in the process of twisting and turning the lever/pivot or what ever its called I ended up twisting the inner screw looking part from the houseing that contains the small ball bearings.
    When I attempted to reinstall the lever/pivot thing back into place on the cover I found that I put the inner screw into the house wrong. I noticed the lever where the cable connects is now in the wrong place. I also notice this inner screw turns out when the lever is turned. Is that the way its suppose to work? How do I know how to set it back in the correct place? At this point I'm thinking trial and error but I thought I would ask you guys before I continued.

THANKS
    My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

O.k, I put the piece back where I think it should be. I did just like I said, trial and error. If I can expain this rite I'll try. I had to set it and re-set the inner screw part in 1/4 turns. Eventually I got the arm that the cable snaps into to set at the bottom side of the cover with the spring fully compress (not pulled apart/extended) and the screw at that point is screwed in completely tight. So... when the cable is pulled/ the arm is lifted the screw portion begins to un-screw out just alittle bit .
    I hope this is the correct setting but it would be cool to read what you guys think.
    I'm sure I'll find out when I have everything completely back together but this is my stopping point until I have the troubled spacing problem shaved down for my new 16 tooth front sprocket.

Update information: This piece is called the " Worm Gear "
    I have it working like it should. I didnt get the front sprocket off with a ratchet and a breaker bar. This thing is tight so I guess I'll be taking the bike up to a shop to use a air gun.
    Later
    Last edited by katanarider; 08-22-2010, 12:20 AM.
    My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Working...
    X