X

removing the clutch basket

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing the clutch basket

how do I remove the clutch basket from a 2001 750kat?(without splitting the case) as usual, the book isn't much help

also, will the entire clutches and baskets from a 1993 750kat work in place? the large basket is different, but I can't figure out why.

the spacer and bearing in the center of the basket. Slide it around and pull it out that the basket will drop and you can pull the basket out. The book tells you that BTW. As far as a 93, NO.

Comment

yeah, when I slide the basket out, the bushing and bearing don't move. I tried pulling them out with a magnet, no dice.

Comment

it comes out, trust me.

Comment

Do a search. I think this was covered with pics.

Comment

guess I haven't got my keywords right, no luck with a search

Comment

You got to keep pulling and pulling it will come out.

Comment

MTN if you are still having problems send me your number and I will walk you thru it. Arsenic was correct on what you remove. I ran into the same problem and thought like you did. The sleeve is the bearing that fits over a metal sleeve. Once you have that out you can pull the basket.

Why are you pulling the basket out of a 01 Kat?
                www.mopowersports.com

Comment

HS2020, I remember you having that issue, I called you when I got to it. So, in all actuality HS2020 gets credit for knowing that, he told me

Comment

Working...
                  X