X
X

Installing Gauges

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, if you have been a member here long you know anything is possible.
    It might look goofy..

Comment

Yea I'm past the point of looks, I just wanna ride again. That and the truck makes 10 mpg so I kinda need my bike back. I was thinkin about taking it apart but getting into that wiring harness and splicin up the speedo wires, the tach wires, all that just seems like a lot more time than i wanna put into it. I really like your setup though black_peter, that is def the legit way to get er dun
      "If you aint first, you're last"

Comment

Nicely done!
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
        Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
        R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
        1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
        RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
        3BBB turn signal mirrors,
        Black painted seat and rear trim,
        Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

im going with an aftermarket lcd display for 160. http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...utm_medium=cse

Comment

i like your clock.... lol
            the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
            # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
            [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Thats Awesome!!
              2000 Katana 600

Comment

does anyone know if you can take a gauge set and headlight of a 92 gs500 and bolt onto a 92 kat 750?

Comment

This is a great solution. I am going to get on this!

Comment

What did you use for the mounting rods that you bolted on the console to the fork?

Comment

Hey is there anyway I could get the cad file from you? I wana modify I little if you got it

Comment

B.A. man, im trying to figure out what to do with my cluster at the moment, mine was damaged in a crash befpre i bought it so the glass is broken on the speedo and tach.... thought about diamond plating but i dont have a tig welder... also thinking about buying an aftermarket enduro style front fairing with enough space to drill out holes for a cluster. has anyone tried the enduro style setup?

Comment

Originally posted by fox24086 View Post
                          does anyone know if you can take a gauge set and headlight of a 92 gs500 and bolt onto a 92 kat 750?
                          You should be able to. Just follow the schematics for the electrics on both bikes. I'm sure the wiring isn't that much different, but then again different models have different designs and accessories.

Originally posted by Jedison View Post
                          What did you use for the mounting rods that you bolted on the console to the fork?
                          This I am curious about as well.... I have gauge cluster (aftermarket) and need to mount it somewhere...but where and how is the question!
                          Last edited by GSXFJeff; 12-05-2012, 07:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Compliments on being yourself & being very unique. I love how clean they look. You outdid yourself. Of course the cad program does help. lol
                            Will Lemke (OOMPA)

Comment

90 GX600F Guages

I'm technically illiterate. looking to get a new gauge set for my 1990 Kat 600
                              Wondering what would be compatible for the Tac/Speedo I was looking on amazon/eBay can they have a lot of custom gauges

Thanks guys

Comment

If you can't handle electrical, stick with stock gauges.
                                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                                spammer police
                                USAF veteran
                                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                                X