X

clutch basket problem? Please help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch basket problem? Please help

I am looking at buying a '96 katana 600 and the seller says: starts and runs then it will shut off as soon as the clicking gets worse...so its bad to start it but it does..start..i wouldnt recomend starting it until that part is fixed then it will run really well. He said it is the clutch basket... Does this sound like a correct diagnosis? I have yet to look at the bike I am gathering info right now but please help!

that could be a ton of things actually, if there's is clicking valves would be a good place to start, but a 96 600 is shim valves, dealer gonna have to do that. Here's the clutch basket if you need it.

Comment

is it hard to replace the clutch basket? I thought about the valves also. would the clutch engage if it was a problem with the basket?

Comment

is it hard to replace the clutch basket? I thought about the valves also. would the clutch engage if it was a problem with the basket?

Comment

it could engage but slip a lot, The clutch basket really isn't hard to change if you have about 15% mechanical ability you can do it.

Comment

ok, When I go look at it I will check for slippage and hope that is all that is wrong. for the price it would be worth it either way but I am looking to ride soon after buying. thank you for the info and if anyne has anything else to add I would greatly appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
            X