X

Mysterious hose

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysterious hose

Hi, I recently got the katana working great after the shop fast forward a week, running great today. Was going to go on a 120 mile round trip and about mile from my house it started shuddering and wanted to die. Rode it home pissed, took off all the plastics and there is two wires hanging down by the rider right footpeg, mechanic put there. A big one with the bottom hose with cap on with a little hole in it.
    Looked up in the bike the big one wasn't connected looked like it is connected to the bottom of airbox put that there.
    Then there is a little round black hose goes toward the back of the bike but can't find where the hell it goes I know it isn't a bonus part.
    Would anyone have a Idea of where it would go?
    Can you still download shop manual on site here?
    thanks

You are supposed to have those 'tubes' there. One is from the battery, one from the airbox (which should be completely plugged with the cap), and possibly one from the fuel tank. If there is a 'little hole' in the tube from the airbox, you have a vacuum leak and should plug it up somehow.

Comment

I know the one from the battery it is clear, but the one I am talking about is a small black hose just sitting not connected toward the front of rear tire.

Comment

The fuel tank has two small hoses...
        One, is connected to the fuel guage sending unit.
        The second is connected to a small nipple directly beneath the fuel cap on top... it's an over flow drain that goes up to the inner ring below the fuel filler door.

I second KatCanDo... if there's a vacuum leak in the airbox it'll run like crap.

Comment

manuels for the download. look it up and be jolly lol
          your suzuki qualified tech

flinstone little block mod

Comment

Working...
          X