Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01 Street fighter

My progress so far...

http://s643.photobucket.com/albums/uu159/dawgunit05/
    Last edited by wegetit; 04-24-2012, 08:22 PM.

Ur pics aren't working man
    ----USMC combat vet----
    07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

Works for me
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

They work now. Using my damn phone so it could just be the phone. You have any more plans for the bike?
        ----USMC combat vet----

Comment

yeah I wasnt fully commited to the street fighter look until a few weeks ago so everything I did so far is just bolt on and can be switched back. Still waiting on mirors and front turn signals as of right now. I am still trying to figure out the best way to do a new gauge cluster. Also Im looking into chopping the rear tail down to just a single rider but seems to be quite and exstencive project so I figured I would just wait until this upcoming winter.

Comment

Me and my buddy cut down my frame in a day using a stock 600 seat and fabbed up the new seat bracket as well as the rear cowl for tail lights. If u know how to weld it isn't bad or that time consuming
            ----USMC combat vet----

Comment

Looks pretty good man... kinda looks like a buell blast at first glance. Have you looked at the trail tech vapor gauges? http://trailtech.net/vapor.html it is what I am thinking about doing on my setup and a lot of the SV650 guys do it on their bikes. I have also looked at the KOSO DB01R setup... small and still very usable.

Comment

Originally posted by calebchesh View Post
                Looks pretty good man... kinda looks like a buell blast at first glance. Have you looked at the trail tech vapor gauges? http://trailtech.net/vapor.html it is what I am thinking about doing on my setup and a lot of the SV650 guys do it on their bikes. I have also looked at the KOSO DB01R setup... small and still very usable.
                No I havent. But thanks for the link super helpful. Other than figuring out which wire is which is there anything else you have to do to install that on the Kat?

Comment

Originally posted by wegetit View Post
                  No I havent. But thanks for the link super helpful. Other than figuring out which wire is which is there anything else you have to do to install that on the Kat?
                  I do not have it yet and cant speak to that exactly but I do not imagine it being much more than finding the right wires and calibrating the speedometer to your wheel size and such. I am not sure how to wire up the low gas light, it would have to be a resistor or something in the circuit but I am not sure yet. The KOSO, since it has a gas gauge instead of a light would be easier to wire up in that case and also the water temp gauge is not effective, I assume you could probably put in an oil temp sensor and wire it up somehow though.

Comment

Originally posted by calebchesh View Post
                    I do not have it yet and cant speak to that exactly but I do not imagine it being much more than finding the right wires and calibrating the speedometer to your wheel size and such. I am not sure how to wire up the low gas light, it would have to be a resistor or something in the circuit but I am not sure yet. The KOSO, since it has a gas gauge instead of a light would be easier to wire up in that case and also the water temp gauge is not effective, I assume you could probably put in an oil temp sensor and wire it up somehow though.
                    Thanks for all the help. I think I'm going to go with the vapor gauges once I get a few extra dollars. Doesn't sound to complicated. I'm too new to post in parts for sale section (was a member years ago but forgot my password to the email that my account here on KR was attached to) but if anyone is looking for any of the fairings or headlight/mirror set up PM me and I can tell you what I have.

Comment

what did you use to cover up the gap between the tank and the frame? It looks good

Comment

Looks to be a piece of sheet metal

Comment

Yeah it is just a pice of stainless steel that we cut and shaped to fit the curve of the bike.

Comment

I'll tell you right now bro, the Koso gauges require a bunch of add-ons and it gets very expensive very fast.

fuel tank sensor
                            cylinder temp adapter
                            oil temp adapter
                            speed sensor and bracket
                            and the list goes on...

Comment

reminds me of a honda hornet, looks cool

Comment

Working...
                              X