X

Big problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big problem

Tonight, on my way home, it started to feel like my rear tire was flat. I did the typical thing and pulled over and checked them. Nothing seemed wrong. So, i continued on at a slower pace. It still felt like I had a flat. When I got home i checked my tire, wheel, chain, slack adjusters, sprockets. Anything i could visually check was inspected. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Um...did you try actually using a tire pressure gauge instead of just staring at the tire?
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

...I kinda feel like a dumbass. I put all my pressure on it to see if it would buckle. but no, no pressure gauge.

Comment

Originally posted by Nofear6677 View Post
        ...I kinda feel like a dumbass. I put all my pressure on it to see if it would buckle. but no, no pressure gauge.
        Try an actual pressure gauge

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

you should keep one in your riding jacket or you tool kit.
          Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
          Tony
          94 Katana 600

Comment

If it turns out that your tire pressure is correct, maybe the rear shock would be the next place to check.
            sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
            1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
            2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
            First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
            Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

The tire pressure was a couple pounds low, but nothing to be concerned with. What should I be looking at on the shocks?

Comment

When you say it felt like you had a flat, do you mean it felt really slow handling and hard to get through corners? Or it felt like it was riding too softly? Or the back end was skating around?
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                  When you say it felt like you had a flat, do you mean it felt really slow handling and hard to get through corners? Or it felt like it was riding too softly? Or the back end was skating around?
                  skating around.

Comment

skating around.
                    Wheel bearings, swingarm bearings, or loose axle. At least those are probably the most common. Another possibility is an oil leak, but you would probably notice the oil slung up inside the rear mudguard from the back tire.
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

There is an oil link, but not that bad lol. I will check the axle tomorrow to see what i can come up with.

Thanks.

Comment

Check that your axle isnt cockeyed while you're at it.

Comment

I pulled the wheel last night, didn't notice anything abnormal. Put everything back together, made sure the axle was realllll tight. I'm gunna go test drive it in about a half hour.

Comment

fix the oil leak
                            98 GSX750F
                            95 Honda VT600 vlx
                            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I pulled the wheel last night, didn't notice anything abnormal. Put everything back together, made sure the axle was realllll tight. I'm gunna go test drive it in about a half hour.
                              use a torque wrench or your bearings will probably fail
                              Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Working...
                              X