X

Neck braces future trend?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck braces future trend?

What do you guys think of these neck braces that are being released sometime this year? Even though it looks like a toilet seat is around your neck, i kinda like the idea.

....or the thing deep sea diving helmets sit on. At least I won't need a balaclava anymore. All I need is an arm that keeps going up in the air and I could be Dr. Strangelove.
    -
    -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

The "dressed to crash" crowd will love another piece of gear to wear...

Comment

Won't even be able to turn your damn head.
        '00 TT600
        '97 Katana 600 (bro's)
        '87 Grand National (car)

Comment

I have been looking at getting one for track use. Anything that is gonna save my *** at 150mph.........
          Ron
          MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Hans device?

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by RbrtAWhyt View Post
              The "dressed to crash" crowd will love another piece of gear to wear...
              Anyone "not dressed to crash" is imo an ignorant moron.
              I've seen some accidents where good gear would have done it's job and people would have been able to walk away from the scene instead off being hospitalized for a long time or even worse....

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel View Post
                Anyone "not dressed to crash" is imo an ignorant moron.
                I've seen some accidents where good gear would have done it's job and people would have been able to walk away from the scene instead off being hospitalized for a long time or even worse....
                1994 Suzuki GSX600F Katana
                Bone stock
                Looking to mod, Any ideas?

Comment

summer riding gear here in san diego is shorts, t-shirt, sneakers, and a helmet...the only piece of riding gear required by law in california.

every now and then, when i get a wild hair up my butt, i'll swap my mesh jacket with a hoodie, but that's it.

Comment

While I can see the point to some extent, I wonder how much it will really help. And there is no way I would even think about wearing it on the street. It is hard enough to turn and look behind you in a cage with a collar like this:

But to make the effort of turning to look beside/behind more difficult on the street, no thanks.

In a race car a Hans really does save lives and injury because in the case of a frontal collision, your body is held stationary in relation to the car by the harness, but your head is thrown forward (thanks to Newton) creating huge G loads that are concentrated on the top end of the spine. A head and neck restraint system relocates the loading of the system to the harnesses and the shoulders which can much better deal with the loading. This same head and neck loading is simply not possible on a bike.
                    Pics
                    Pics
                    No pics yet
                    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk View Post
                      I have been looking at getting one for track use. Anything that is gonna save my *** at 150mph.........

If a neck brace saves your *** you're wearing it wrong!
                      -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
                      -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

i guess its mostly for racing. because it defintly takes alot more head turns looking out for cars on the road other then other bikes on the track.

Comment

Originally posted by mharrison View Post

Not according to my wife! She always tells me I got my head up my azz anyways!
                          Ron
                          MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by mharrison View Post
                            HAHA!

I like the idea, but I would rather take the risk and be able to look over my sholder. i don't trust my mirrors to show me everything I want to see.

Comment

Airbag neck brace

Comment

Working...
                              X