Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Good deal on a good tire , at least I think so.........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good deal on a good tire , at least I think so.........

150/80/16 Dunlop GT 501 for he rear of the big KAT's.
    Retail is $207.00(also what my local Suzuki shop quoted me, then they said they could come down $40.00)
    Bikebandit.com--- are you ready?...............$119.00

What a deal! And it is a great looking tire, bias ply sport touring tire designed for our big heavy Kat's.

What a difference it made when I test rode the kat for the first time without the old worn out Bridgestone Battleax(sp).
    Like a completely different bike! Can't wait to get my matching front, it is backordered, but the rear is available.

Anyone find a better price?

personally I do not care for the Dunlops and will never run them on my bikes again. But that is just me, I have spoken to others that love them and would run nothing else. So if they are a tire you like then Glad to hear that you found a great deal..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Fred
      I really don't have much to base an opinion on, the bike came with a bald bridgestone on it that was flat in the middle, just meant that the new tire really really made a difference in the way the bike handled, could just as well been another bridgestone and reacted the same way. It doesn't seem like I have to muscle the bike over now to get it to turn, it just kinda rolls over without much effort now. I guess that is how they are supposed to ride.

BTW, what kind of tires do you run? I found the selection in the 16" size pretty limited.

Comment

Personaly I like the Metzelzr and Pirelli tires, But I don't have the problem with the limited selection that you do.I hope you don't think I was trying to put down your choice, I was just stating that I myself do not like the dunlops, but I am no pro either. As long as you are happy with your purchase and the performance of the tires, that is all that matters..

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred
          Personaly I like the Metzelzr and Pirelli tires, But I don't have the problem with the limited selection that you do.I hope you don't think I was trying to put down your choice, I was just stating that I myself do not like the dunlops, but I am no pro either. As long as you are happy with your purchase and the performance of the tires, that is all that matters..
          NO, not all Fred, wish I had 17" rims so I could run some of those sticky radials. Never rode a sport bike before I got this 1100, so like I said I really don't have much to go on other than a guy I work with that is into racing told me these would be a good tire for my big kat.
          All in all I think it is a good looking tire, I don't feel comfortable enough yet to do any knee draggin anyway, so I think with my conservative riding they will be fine.

Did you have a bad experience with Dunlops or are the others just that much better?

Comment

I have had problems while using the Dunlop’s with the fronts constantly cupping and a serious lack of traction on the front and rear.

Comment

America's trusted online source to shop the best discounted Motorcycle, UTV, ATV, Side by Side, and 4 Wheeler aftermarket tires, gear, parts and accessories.

Dunlop GT501 $110
              'Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains" !

Comment

Originally posted by MTFYR
                http://www.americanmototire.com/

Dunlop GT501 $110
                Got me beat.

I'll bookmark that site for the next tire purchase!

Comment

Working...
                X