X

Front turn signals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front turn signals

If I was wanting to replace the front turn signals with something that looked a little more sleek (such as flush mounts), how would I go about filling the huge hole in each of my fairings where the originals were?

Put mesh in.. fill with bondo... sand and re-paint

Comment

Put aforementioned flush mounts over the holes. QED.
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Is this a trick question???

Comment

No .....
          Very basic info ~

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
            Put aforementioned flush mounts over the holes. QED.

Exactly how mine were until I failed the state inspection. Then I got oem's with a marker light built in. Now I am finally legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Kfreak View Post
              Exactly how mine were until I failed the state inspection. Then I got oem's with a marker light built in. Now I am finally legal.
              Was that because you didn't have OEM turn signals or that the ones you did have were not DOT approved? I ask because there's been talk around here of using a late model GSX-R's OEM mirrors with integrated turn signals. I'd be curious to know if such inspection states would allow such a conversion, or if they would even know that such a bike was converted.
              How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
              How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
              How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
              How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
                Was that because you didn't have OEM turn signals or that the ones you did have were not DOT approved? I ask because there's been talk around here of using a late model GSX-R's OEM mirrors with integrated turn signals. I'd be curious to know if such inspection states would allow such a conversion, or if they would even know that such a bike was converted.
                They failed me because the flush mounts that everyone sell are nothing but a marker light. Also because of them not being OEM. The link will show what I had, but with an amber lens.

I am one for stock items, so I bought a set of OEM's for $15.00 a piece. Thet also came with a third wire for running lights. I didn't like seeing my Kat at night with just the headlight on. I wanted a headlight and markers lit. Plus I didn't want to give the locals a reason to pick on me.
                Last edited by Kfreak; 10-21-2009, 08:37 PM.

Comment

they cant fail you for them being NON-OEM, only for being NON-DOT

Comment

Originally posted by rice_rocket View Post
                    Put mesh in.. fill with bondo... sand and re-paint
                    First off please don't ever use bondo. Secondly don't use body filler. You will need a plastic adhesion promoter and a filler that is specifically made for plasitcs.

Comment

the easiest way, is to do what i did....

take the housing out, and split the lens from the housing. (a heat gun is the easiest way) ... then paint the housing black, and put black mesh over it, and form it around the housing... then, you can either replace the stock bulb with an amber one, or pick up the universal mirrors with blinkers in them on ebay.

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
                      "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

I have thought of doing the same thing to mine, I never cared much for the VW Bug turn signals. And RedKatana is right, bondo won't stick. I'm sure there are many ways to get the same result. I use a 2 part epoxy made for plastic repair sold at my local paint and body supply.

Comment

easy way is...
                          to remove any paint, tape over the hole from the back side and fill it with plastic epoxy
                          permatec plastic weld works the best.
                          then sand it flush and repaint.
                          98 GSX750F
                          95 Honda VT600 vlx
                          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

In NC, you either have to have all signals working or none! We are still allowed the original hand signals! But as long as there is some kind of blinker, we're pretty much ok!

Comment

Working...
                            X