X

Need tire input

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thetable View Post
    ....... And based on my experience with the Road Attack on my Buell, it is the biggest piece of crap I have ever put on a wheel. While it is great in the dry, in the wet it continually leaves me wondering on which side my rear end is going to pass me.........
    I run the Road Attacks on my '90 600 and haven't had any traction problems at all wet or dry, and with 3k miles they still look like I should be able to get another 3-5k out of them. I have to wonder if maybe your problem is somehow related to the increased power to weight ratio with the Buell compared to the Kats. I only say that because it seems that almost everyone else on here that's been running them on Kats, has had mostly positive results with them.
    John,
    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
    sigpic

Comment

My guess is that it is a profile issue with the tire in my size along with the conditions I ride in. When it rains, I usually pick up speed as all the speed monitoring devices have issues working in the rain, and motorcycle from the rear is particularly bad in the rain. The RAs are the first tire that has caused me to have to dramatically slow down. The 180's have a much wider contact patch that actually needs a tread pattern that can evacuate water. Follow the groves in the tires, they don't go anywhere, the just end, and end in the middle of the tire. I've not had them slip in a big way, it is more of a dance that the rear end does in the wet.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

yeah I can see what you mean about the center needing more rain grooving on the 180 tire.
        John,
        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
        sigpic

Comment

I run the Bridgestone BT-021s on my YZF. They've lasted me a good while (6k +) and i liked them well enough to get a second set. I got a Front and rear from motorcycle superstore for $200 once you do thier price match and coupon codes. I don't know what kind of rider skill I posess, but I did my first track day on them and they never broke loose there.

Comment

Working...
          X