X

Shark Helmet...anyone else use one?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shark Helmet...anyone else use one?

Last year, when I purchased my Kat I bought a Shark RSR helmet. Out of all the helmets I tried on, I liked this one the best. It was very comfortable and had great graphics on it. With wind vents on the front and and top, it makes it very comfortable in the summer months. It also has tear away posts on the visor which I like using. This is a great feature when riding at dusk with all the insects flying around, when the visor gets clouded up, I just peel it off and have an instantly clean visor.

This helmet was priced a bit more than the rest, $700 retail, but I paid only $375 with the discount I received from the dealer.

I have yet to see anyone ride with this helmet and am curious to know if anyone out there uses one or has heard about them. It is Snell and DOT approved so I know it is a good helmet.

any thoughts?
    RichC4
    2000 Katana 600
    Quote from my buddy who bought a 2005 Ducati after riding my Kat "I don't get it, why is your bike more fun"

I heard good things about the Shark helmets. I local retailer recommends them for customers. However, I feel there are better values out there. The Scorpion EXO-700 and EXO-400 have excellent performance characteristics for the money. My AGV Demon is also a good value for the bucks (under $175 US).
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

I have a Shark S800 series helmet, it is great, light and good vents, hey where did you buy the tear aways?

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

I have an EXO-700, and it is fantastic.

Comment

I purchased about 50 of them when I bought the helmet, the dealer had some in stock. I have found this website in my internet travels

RichC4
          2000 Katana 600
          Quote from my buddy who bought a 2005 Ducati after riding my Kat "I don't get it, why is your bike more fun"

Comment

Jackal has a shark, and I think Katgirl does too.
            Kyle

Comment

I have one also love the easy on and off shield changes can do it at red lights. Got the Air 500 i think would have to check and its in the garage right now so...yea i love it.
              Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

I have a RSF2 Race... I do like it... its pretty light, shield changes are a snap... got that underchin mesh to keep my chin comfy. I got a European version - ACU Gold certified. for about 320 CDN shipped here.. pretty good.

Comment

I own 2 of them. Great helmets.

Comment

it is funny, everyone around here has Arai helmets. it seems like that is all i see. but I am a fan of the Shark. it fit the best when i was looking which was really all that mattered, but cool looking is a plus too.
                    RichC4
                    2000 Katana 600

Comment

I love my RSR. Great quality. No complaints.

Sexwax has the same one as I do. Mine has more scratches than his for some reason though
                      Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
                      Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

If anybody is looking for a shark lid, there is a fair amount of them on ebay, brand new & used.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                          If anybody is looking for a shark lid, there is a fair amount of them on ebay, brand new & used.
                          Jusr remember to try one on locally, the local dealer here even commmented that they "fit" differently than other helmets. I think they tend to put pressure on your forehead was what he said.
                          Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
                            I think they tend to put pressure on your forehead was what he said.
                            Only if you have a BIG forehead.

Definately try ANY helmet on at a dealer BEFORE ordering online. All brands fit differently. Plus, you wanna make sure the color scheme matches your eyes properly. Otherwise you'll look like a tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
                              Definately try ANY helmet on at a dealer BEFORE ordering online. All brands fit differently. Plus, you wanna make sure the color scheme matches your eyes properly. Otherwise you'll look like a tool.
                              Yeah thats a good reason.

It seems that the Sharks are more common in Canada. I do not think that I have ever seen them at a dealer around here. Then again the dealers around here have a very limited selection.

Comment

Working...
                              X