X

Dumb Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Question

Quick question, I feel like an idiot asking it, but I will anyway.

First off I have a '92 750, and I just ordered front brake pads. I just got them in today and I'm pretty sure they're rear pads. They weren't the one pictured when I bought them.

Here's what they look like.

Rear pads, right?

They look like fronts to me. Pull one of the front pads off and compare, it'll take you less than 5 min.
    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
      They look like fronts to me. Pull one of the front pads off and compare, it'll take you less than 5 min.
      I won't be able to compare the pads until the first weekend in May when I go home. If I could get a definite yes or no, that would be great. I just want to be sure, I'll only be home for two days and I'd like to get them installed.
      Last edited by Bucks23; 04-23-2008, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Yup rears..
        The fronts are wider and have (or should have) a wear groove in them..
        Oh and they also are wider than the guide pin holes..
        Last edited by Black_peter; 04-23-2008, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
          Yup rears..
          The fronts are wider and have (or should have) a wear groove in them..
          Oh and they also are wider than the guide pin holes..
          You're positive?

Comment

90%.. Here this is what the caliper looks like:

The distance near as I can figure is about 1 1/2 inches on center of the pin holes..
            The pads I have fit on my bike look different then yours so I'm trying to base it on the witch of the pad.. It just looks too narrow.

Comment

I Have A 94 600 And The Fronts Are The Same As The Rear Only Exception Is That U Have 2 Sets In The Front
              BONES HEAL ,CHICKS DIG SCARS ,PAIN IS TEMPPORARY AND GLORY IS FOREVER

Comment

I just emailed the seller, I'll see what he says. Maybe he can run the part numbers or something.

Comment

Well, apparently this wasn't such a dumb question

Just went and measured. The distance between the holes is:

Front: ~1 3/4"
                  Rear: ~1 1/2"
                  Last edited by GytRDunKat; 04-23-2008, 03:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by Gytrdunkat View Post
                    Well, apparently this wasn't such a dumb question

Just went and measured. The distance between the holes is:

Front: ~1 3/4"
                    Rear: ~1 1/2"
                    Apparently not!

I measured mine in cm (only thing I have) and the distance between the holes was 3.5cm I'll look at one of those unit converters and see if they compare.

Just checked, 3.5cm is closer to 1 1/2"
                    than 1 3/4"
                    Last edited by Bucks23; 04-23-2008, 03:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Bucks23 View Post
                      Just checked, 3.5cm is closer to 1 1/2"
                      than 1 3/4"
                      Yeah about 1 3/8.. My guess was way off.. But hey I was using the bolt head in that picture as a ruler!

Comment

Still haven't gotten a response from the seller. I also emailed the company who makes the pads to see if they could run the part numbers.

Comment

I've seen this chart on several websites, it would be helpful, but kat's aren't on it.

Comment

if they are the front, i hope you got enough to do both of them.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Yeah, I ordered two sets.

Comment

Working...
                              X