X

750 Swingarm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 Swingarm

I was just wondering what the stock and widest tire a 750 swingarm would take. I like the look of fat tires and used swingarms are really cheap, so if I could throw on a 750 swingarm and get a fatter tire out of it then I was gonna do it.

I know its not practical but I dont do a whole lot of twisties or racing so its purely for looks.

Also will any 98+ 750 swingarm fit on an 05 600? Also would my stock 600 wheel still work ?

Thanks for any help...

dood the 98+ 600 and 750 are the same your only gonna get a 160 60 tire in there unless you buy that avon one thats a 170 made for the 4.5 rim.

Comment

Oh I didnt know that, do you happen to know the name of that tire that allows for 170?

Comment

Comment

I think it's the AV46. Used it - it's alright, but the Z6 is a much more competent tire.....

However, I thought we've been through this about nine million times already:

A 150/70 on a 4.5" rim will look FATTER than the 170/60 on the same rim.

Squeezing fatter rubber onto the stock rim brings the sides of the tire in, and increases the tire's diameter. The one 170/60 available for a 4.5" rim isn't used by very many people. Even fewer (1? maybe 2?) people have put a 180/55 on the Kat, but that is generally not recommended, unless you never actually RIDE your bike.

750 swingarms will bolt up to the 600 frame. They're no wider, but ARE 1.5" longer than the 600's. Stock wheel will be fine.

If you really want to go with fat rubber, talk to Waltari.....he may be able to walk you through the installation of a completely different rear end, which will be able to accommodate the big 180's, 190's, etc. Fabrication will be involved.
          FrankenKat 1216
          GS Fiter 816
          GSXR750! (race)

Comment

So if I want a better tire to be able to lay the bike over further what width and brand would be the best to run?
            Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Working...
            X