Gerbing Heated Jacket Liner Review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerbing Heated Jacket Liner Review

Here's the quick take:
    The Gerbing liner produces high levels of evenly-distributed heat that is very comfortable and soothing.

It has a heated collar that's lined with a soft, velvety material. It seals well against the cold and warms evenly around.

The heated sleeves are very effective, surrounding your arms in warmth. It's also windproof and has Thinsulate insulation to keep the heat in.

Those are the basics.

I've got a full review at:
    Gerbing Heated JACKET LINER Review

Bruno
    Montreal, Canada

linky no worky

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
      linky no worky
      Thanks!
      I fixed it.

Bruno
      Montreal, Canada
      Gerbing Heated JACKET LINER Review

Comment

Excellent write up !!!! Could have use that the other nite while out riding.

Comment

I use a dual controller setup. I have a dial that controls the jacket, and a second one for the gloves. I'm very happy with my gerbing gear as well, although I don't get out as much this time of year as I'd like.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

The Gerbing works great, but last night at 33 degrees with windchild factor I was shivering. When I got home my hands were warm and my upper body was warm, but the cold blood circulating from my legs and feet chilled the upper body. Time to get heated gear for the bottom half of my body.

Comment

I am getting mine this week.I don't know if i am getting the clove liners or the full gloves.
              1998 Katana green Wileyco pipe,K&N filter,Pilot powers.

Comment

Neat item. I wonder if you can only use in a Gerbing jacket?
                "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

The write up states any jacket will work.
                  1998 Katana green Wileyco pipe,K&N filter,Pilot powers.

Comment

Originally posted by ditchdoc1017
                    Cool...er...I mean hot! I'll see if I can get one. How much wiring to the bike does it require?
                    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

The only thing I don't understand about this "heated" stuff is where it gets its power from? Is there a cord running from your jacket to a harness on the bike? And then a cord running from the gloves to the jacket?
                      "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" Andretti

Comment

Originally posted by Kat-A-Tonic
                        Originally posted by ditchdoc1017
                        Cool...er...I mean hot! I'll see if I can get one. How much wiring to the bike does it require?
                        Depending on your setup, one lead to the battery. I've got a jacket wired for a dual controller so the gloves and jacket are regulated seperatly, and the wires for the gloves are already run internally in my jacket.

Originally posted by Jbird2200
                        Is there a cord running from your jacket to a harness on the bike? And then a cord running from the gloves to the jacket?
                        Yes.
                        -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Hmm, does it have a quick release system or something? I just know that it would take a while to remember that I am attached to a bike via a cord. I wouldn't want to ruin the jacket or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbird2200
                            Hmm, does it have a quick release system or something? I just know that it would take a while to remember that I am attached to a bike via a cord. I wouldn't want to ruin the jacket or something.
                            It's just a coaxial power connector. If you were to accidentally forget to unplug it, it should come loose before anything gets damaged.
                            -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Ah, I see, all my questions answered, thanks guys. Def. be lookin into this stuff for the winter seasons. Did someone say christmas time?

Comment

Working...
                              X