X

Fueling a bike while syncing carbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fueling a bike while syncing carbs

Are they any tips or tricks to provide fuel to run the bike while syncing carbs?

I thought I was being super clever and ran a fuel line from the tank sitting on a table to the carbs. 15 minutes later I'd overflowed the carbs and had fuel all over the place.

Should I get one of those auxiliary bottles? Asking before I dump $40 on one.
    2006 GSX600F

I use a radiator over flow bottle hung from the ceiling, no matter how you fuel the bike, the carbs should never over flow.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Yeah man, Guy's right. If you drop $40 bucks on a aux. fuel tank, the carbs will do the exact same thing again.

Comment

I'm gonna say your float valves are toast..
        Here's a good/bad photo.

Comment

After you replace your inlet valves, either buy an aux tank or build one, it'll be way more convenient than using your tank.
          1993 Suzuki 750 Katana
          2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650
          2012 Ski Doo Summit SP 800 ETEC
          1958 Cessna 182 Skylane

Comment

How about that idle adjuster, eh?

Thanks for the replies. The weather has been shite but I finally got to work on my bike yesterday.

The float valves are reasonably new. All I can figure is I built a lot of column pressure by having the tank elevated too high. The engine wasn't running, either. I had taken a break to let the battery charge.

So I got a lower table. Probably a little lower than where the tank sits normally. I also ran a vacuum line to the petcock so it could operate normally instead of in Prime.

So, success. My first carb-sync was a victory. I used this tool:
            CarbMate TS-111, Carburetor / Fuel injection throttle body synchronizer

I found it to be quite good. It was less expensive when I bought it.
            2006 GSX600F

Comment

Minute maid gas tank ftw. For when you're in a pinch

Comment

Yea carbs shouldn't overflow..... I prefer my homemade sync tool....cheap and effective

Comment

The height of the tank has nothing to do with it. Float heights do..
                  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran
                  If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                  X