Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Would you trade in your aged Katana for the new GSXF 650?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's an sv650 here locally an 04 so it's FI and that alone is tempting me but I'll buy it and keep the kat. Kat for 2 up and long haul and SV for commuting and twisties.
    sigpic

Comment

• The whole bike? No. But I am trading the carbs for the FI from the 650.
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

• Hell no. Would you trade a Lambo for a Taurus?

1216 for LIFE.

And yes, I'm back.
        FrankenKat 1216
        GS Fiter 816
        GSXR750! (race)

Comment

• Originally posted by DooD View Post
          Hell no. Would you trade a Lambo for a Taurus?

1216 for LIFE.

And yes, I'm back.
          HOLE-EE SHE-IT!!! Long time no see man!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

• If I wanted the GSXF 650 I would just get the GS500F.. They made the GSXF 650 look just like it

Also since putting a Holeshot +5 deg advancer, it is like an entire new bike.. I can dip down between 1-2k and give it throttle and it doesn't "chug" anymore.. it just started applying power..
            Last edited by numus; 05-27-2012, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• I wonder how much of a efficiency diference there is between a 1996 kat 600cc with moment enhance, header/exhaust would be and the new 650f? I know the new bicycle is expected to be silky sleek smooth. I have been considering doing this actual factor.
              KatRiders

Comment

• I would if i could get it really cheap and in good condition.

Comment

• Why would you want a 650 katana?
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

• the post 600 is better for cyns and good mpg and way cheaper all the way around , up grading is going to cost

Comment

• No thanx.....I don't plan on ever trading my "Kat", my purchase was a bit of a childhood dream "fullfilled".... when I was a kid, the popular sportbikes in the neighborhood were the Kawi Ninja 250 and the Kat (mind you this was the mid 80's) and I was a pre-teen (with little or no knowlegde about bikes) and I always leaned toward the Katana for its style and curb appeal....I told my buddies I would own one one day....now I do...I enjoy it for what it is and what it isn't and as long as I'm able....I will own it....if ever I desire something that it is lacking (my Katana), I will go out and buy the bike that has what I'm looking for (next on the shopping list Ducati 848 or 1198) but the Katana fills a disire and purpose in my garage and will have a permanent parking space in my household......

Comment

• Great expression Box746. My kat was my very first bike, yea it may not be a liter bike but it does what i want it to do. very pleased with my first purchase. whenever i do have to get rid of it it'll be a sad day.
                        Combat Veteran of the United States Marine Corps-0311

Comment

• Nope not me

Comment

• no, but i'll probably wait 22 years and pick one up for like 650$ and be pretty stoked.

Comment

• hell no, I'm not done with my Kat yet....
                              sigpic
                              Pepe Bouchard

Comment

Working...
                              X