Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Would you trade in your aged Katana for the new GSXF 650?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you trade in your aged Katana for the new GSXF 650?

How many of us would trade in the old Kat for the new GSXF 650?
    sigpic

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."

only if i could get about 1000 miles in the saddle of the 650F before making a decision.....

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

A straight swap - my 96 Kat for a brand new 650F- no money out of pocket??? Well, sure!!

Now, if the question is would my next bike be a 650F after the Kat I have now... absolutely no.
      "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Originally posted by jgmann67 View Post
        A straight swap - my 96 Kat for a brand new 650F- no money out of pocket??? Well, sure!!

Now, if the question is would my next bike be a 650F after the Kat I have now... absolutely no.
        +1 but the only reason would be because i have 20,000 miles on it and having 0 would be nice but ya as for next bike, no way in hell. gsxr 750 for ed

Comment

I wonder how much of a performance diference there is between a 1996 kat 600cc with timing advance, header/exhaust would be and the new 650f? I know the new bike is supposed to be silky smooth. I have been thinking about doing this exact thing.

www.WVstreets.com

Comment

they would have to give me a check for at least 5.000 so I can buy another kat
            sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

no way

Comment

Might be tempted if the trade were for the Stratosphere, but definitely not for the 650.
                2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by diavolo View Post
                  Might be tempted if the trade were for the Stratosphere, but definitely not for the 650.
                  well DUH!! lol, look at its sweet engine for gods sakes,

although i wouldnt want to be one of the 'testers' of the new 6 cyl. im sure the first year will have problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
                    +1 but the only reason would be because i have 20,000 miles on it and having 0 would be nice but ya as for next bike, no way in hell. gsxr 750 for ed

Originally posted by jgmann67 View Post

Last edited by tnez21; 08-18-2008, 03:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

If the GSXF650 was my only choice, then sure. But my first two preferences would be an SV650SF or a Triumph Daytona 675.

Comment

I was actually shopping around and deciding between the new gsx650f or a last gen Katana. The choice was obvious.

The GSX650F, to me, is... a woman's bike. Let me explain:

I am not VERY tall... 6' exactly. On the 650, my knees were really bent when standing still with the bike upright. My back was COMPLETELY strait when my arms are normally on the steering. The seat is SO UNCOMFORTABLE! The bike feels SUPER small, but it weighs close to the last gen Kat's (or so I heard). The muffler is at LEAST 40 lbs or something, it is HUGE! The gauge cluster is fugly (I like my analog gauges myself), the front-end looks like the ugly baby sister of a last-gen GSX-R.

The 2004 Katana I got instead, to me, is perfect in every way. Size, shape, position, and my, the gauge cluster... I love the Kat's gauge cluster! That's a real one, not a digital fashion-victim funky screen thingy.

Comment

NO WAY!! i dont like what the 650's look like!! they dont even look appealing to me!!

Comment

No.

Not even a chance.
                            It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

02' Katana 600
                              D&D Slip on, 5 Degree Factory Pro advancer, 03' tail fairing, Integrated taillight

Comment

Working...
                              X