89 Kat Choke Stuck On Carb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 Kat Choke Stuck On Carb

Hey guys, here again,

Im in the process of rebuilding my 89 Kat, and ive run into a problem, the small brass nipple part that is pulled in and out to activate the choke is stuck, ive tried dousing it in wd40 but it still wont move. (See Picture Attached)

Any Ideas?

Remove the rail, remove the plunger retainers, then you can service those much easier. A small pair of angled needle nose pliers comes in handy on those.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Not quite sure what i would do without you guys.

Comment

You can also take the cap off, remove the diaphragm, and you will see the port close to the tip of the plunger as well. Another point for you to add lube.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Hello! Same sh happened with my carb plungers, only drill

Comment

ARGH...HELP...1994 Katana 600. The chock just stopped working today. The chock lever will only move 1/2 inch and no chocking action is activated. The moto still starts but is not happy as it is with the chock working. Nothing changed since it worked perfectly on Monday. Today Thursday not working. I pressed pretty hard but it is stuck, and I did not want to force it and break something else. IDEAS?

Comment

Originally posted by aunshi190 View Post
              ARGH...HELP...1994 Katana 600. The chock just stopped working today. The chock lever will only move 1/2 inch and no chocking action is activated. The moto still starts but is not happy as it is with the chock working. Nothing changed since it worked perfectly on Monday. Today Thursday not working. I pressed pretty hard but it is stuck, and I did not want to force it and break something else. IDEAS?
              Yes......Don't hijack some ones thread....Start a new one

Comment

Originally posted by aunshi190 View Post

dude...it's choke, not chock...
                2004 KTM 525 EXC
                2004 KTM 200 EXC
                1990 Suzuki GSX600F
                1978-1/2 AMF/H-D Low Rider 1200

Comment

Working...
                X