X

Has anyone done or thought of this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone done or thought of this?

Im thinking about getting a solo cowl. Then i thought, if i get a solo cowl is there something i can do to change my grab bar out with (other than cutting it ) so i started making this i only have one side done. I was wondering how it looks and if it would look good with a solo cowl. If the pics arent that good im sorry all i have is a cheap digital camera.

Sweet but where is the passenger going to hold on
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

On my bike there are no passengers. thats why im thinking of doing this for when i get a braada solo cowl.

Comment

I know man, just kidding. But you never know what or who might want a ride when you out and about
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

You know I'm trying to picture it and I just can't. I even went and looked at a couple of bikes with cowls and tried to picture them without the grab bars. I just can't tell how it would look. It might look good, but it's too hard to tell without the cowl on.

Comment

If they are easily removable..u might be onto something..for those of us that take passengers on a regular basis..if these are easy on/off..it could be cool!

Nice job!

Comment

Well I was going to make a hole in them so i can bolt it down like the grab bar was. Then if someone wanted to ride with me somewhere I could change it back to the grab bar.

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                Sweet but where is the passenger going to hold on
                If they are cute??
                Holding on to you waist!!!
                Not cute?? Not riding.. LOL

Are we talking about covers for the grab bar mounts?
                From the picture I think it looks great.
                The grab bar IMO, doesn't look right with a cowl.
                (or vise versa) Why have one with the other??
                This was imaginitive. I'd like to see some better pictures..

Comment

I think it will give your Kat a much sleeker look in the back.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Cool I'll try and get both of them done tomorrow and get better pics of them.

thanks for the input

Comment

I attempted this just before I traded in the Kat.

I used a second seat that I had and shaved the passenger foam down so it didn't stick up so far off the plastics. Then I used one of Braada's low cowls to give it a sleeker look....

This was a quicky job that I wanted to visualize before going full tilt on the final product but lost interest when I saw my new Daytona on the showroom floor.
                      The cowl wasn't sitting low enough for my liking so there was some seat shaving still to do , but with a proper paint job I think it would look pretty good.
                      I was going to find some shop to mold plastic inserts to fit in the mounting holes left behind from removing the grab bar to clean it up even more.

This is what she looks like with the racer cowl and no grab bar...

I think this is an excellent project for someone.. GO FOR IT!! 8)

Flank - I took quite a few pics of my process... PM me if you want them.

Comment

OK..when you put the solocowl on..the grab bar instantly becomes a spoiler!

I like the clean look...go for it

Comment

I think it will look great.

Comment

Looks good. Pre 98 solo cowl covers grab bars automaticly right?

Comment

Working...
                            X