X

Can anyone identify these?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone identify these?

So i noticed that the nut on the top of my stem is missing. I am putting together a bike that someone else took apart....ugh. Well I went onto online microfiches and the tripple tree doesnt look the same as mine. so i went on here and did some searching and nobody elses look like mine?!?!? Why doesnt mine look like anybody elses? My bike is a 96 Kat 750. Im kinda confused or not noticing something simple. Or maybe they are off of another bike? Aftermarket?

92 Kat 600
    mods so far:
    -96 750 engine -04 gsxr1000 rear fairings -02 gsxr 1000 6" rear wheel -and f upper fairings -190/50r17 tire -custom extended swing arm -02 gsxr rear brakes -520 chain conversion -gsxr forks and front end -undertail exhaust -04 yam r1 pegs and shifter -750 rear suspension -+2 rear sprocket -minus 1 f sprocket
    www.myspace.com/waltwallace

It looks like a 95+ GSXR triple...I am not certain however.

Comment

Sorry I couldn't get a bigger pic......

Comment

Yeah , that ain't a stock pre 750 bit . Not even CLOSE .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

looks like a gsxr F/e swap to me!
          Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
          Tony
          94 Katana 600

Comment

I would have to agree, those aren't Katana forks. That isn't a Katana front brake master cylinder reservoir either.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              I would have to agree, those aren't Katana forks. That isn't a Katana front brake master cylinder reservoir either.
              You're right. GSXR reservoir doesn't match either.

Comment

Originally posted by Robgsxf750 View Post

Is that a fuel line going to the triple tree?
                None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
                -Robert Morrison

"
                well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Originally posted by philwecksr View Post
                  Is that a fuel line going to the triple tree?
                  It's just the vent.. Looks "racy" that way..

Comment

Wow, you guys are just a wealth of information. Thanks. So are gsxr forks a good thing? Is this a common swap? Should I stick with them or put Katana stuff back on?
                    92 Kat 600
                    mods so far:
                    -96 750 engine -04 gsxr1000 rear fairings -02 gsxr 1000 6" rear wheel -and f upper fairings -190/50r17 tire -custom extended swing arm -02 gsxr rear brakes -520 chain conversion -gsxr forks and front end -undertail exhaust -04 yam r1 pegs and shifter -750 rear suspension -+2 rear sprocket -minus 1 f sprocket

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                      It's just the vent.. Looks "racy" that way..
                      It really does look racy. That's one of those things about the 1st gen GSXR's that set the bike apart from all the others back in the day.
                      FROM WORK:
                      "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

It's a common swap, The GSX-R shock is an upgrade, The only think I can think of is that is might be harder to get rebuild parts because it is older, it was however more popular. So who knows?

That nut is common to most GSX-R models 86- 92 750 and 89 to 98 1100 and 99 to 2001 SV650.. $14 from Ron Ayers..

Comment

so whats better about it?
                          92 Kat 600
                          mods so far:

Comment

More adjustment in damping and preload of the spring. The Kat only has compression damping (or you're adjusting both at the same time, I'm not sure) the GSX-R has compression and rebound damping..

Read more here:
                            A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
                            mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

Please recheck the URL for the proper spelling. Or use our search box at the top of this page to find what you're looking for.

Please recheck the URL for the proper spelling. Or use our search box at the top of this page to find what you're looking for.

Comment

so is it worth the hassle to get it to work? Is it gonna sacrifice comfort?
                              92 Kat 600
                              mods so far:

Comment

Working...
                              X