X

Paddock Stands?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paddock Stands?

Which paddock stands did you guys purchase? Recommendations/suggestions?

None for me, I just use the center stand.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Same here...
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Either my 600 didn't come with a center stand from the factory or someone removed it. It looks like the reason it may have been removed was because of interference with the slip on, but I'd have to test fit one to be sure. Maybe buying a center stand is the better route...

Comment

The centerstand is an option on the 600. You can use the 750 stand, they are dirt cheap.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Man, you weren't kidding about them being cheap. Just bought one off ebay for $25 shipped, with spring!

Comment

My center stand is arriving today according to usps. What hardware do I need (sizes of bolts etc) to put it on? It did come with the spring, just no other hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Xerrith View Post
                My center stand is arriving today according to usps. What hardware do I need (sizes of bolts etc) to put it on? It did come with the spring, just no other hardware.
                What year model?

You can buy the oem misc parts fairly cheaply by checking the 750cc parts fiche on pre kats. Think it's avail on both cc for the post, but not sure. The bolts and spacers are not super expensive that way last time I checked. Also depending on pre/post different parts would be needed. Need more info.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Krey, sorry it's a 2006 600. I was wondering if the hardware was stuff I could pickup at the local hardware store?

Comment

Originally posted by Xerrith View Post
                    Krey, sorry it's a 2006 600. I was wondering if the hardware was stuff I could pickup at the local hardware store?
                    Listed at bikebandit.com

4: BOLT 01580-1060B $3.90
                    5: ENGINE MOUNT SP 09180-10040 $1.92

I don't have the parts easily found to measure. I think I have them, just... not got the garage sorted yet. Probably work on that some today.

That said... you have enough parts to figure it out.

Determine the bolt thread on the bottom of the frame the bolts will screw into. That will give you the bolt size "it's metric" and thread pitch.

Once you have that, measure the width of the pivot points on the center stand. That will give you the shoulder length for the bolts.

Measure the ID of the stand = OD of the spacers.
                    Bolt size and shoulder length gives you the ID and length of spacers.

Or order OEM parts. Most deliver in 2 days.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

This a dumb question, but when the bike is on the center stand can you remove both wheels without balancing issues safely? I've never had a bike with a center stand, and I need to service both wheels.

Comment

You can remove the back wheel. Not the front. The bikes weight distribution keeps the front tire on the ground and raises the rear wheel
                        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

You can drop some weight on the back portion of the seat to get the rear tire on the ground, and the front will lift up. Do that everytime I need to pull the front wheel (axel loosened/tightened whilst both wheels on the ground)
                          1998 Katana 750
                          1992 Katana 1100
                          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

If you do decide to do what shpielers does, I would advise that you chock the real wheel or brace the center stand. Should it roll forward while the front wheel it off, you will be in a world of hurt. I've done similar, but I would use some twine to secure the center stand from collapsing back into its resting position.

**paranoid**
                            My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                            2007 GSXR 750

Comment

I'm with you maniac, I had the quite the scare with my vstar almost falling off a lift (adrenaline kicked in and I caught it before it fell and lifted it back onto the jack). I may just ride it to the shop to have them do that front tire installation so I don't have to mess with it. I'll probably take off the rear wheel and go to a local shop for tire installation, and do the chain and sprockets myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X