X

A few issues needing pro help...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few issues needing pro help...

My first issue, how can I completely remove the gas tank without draining the fuel? My second issue, On the first start of the day, my 93 600 has been smoking white from the exhaust...to the point where my garage is cloudy, but stops after I turn the choke off when it's warmed up. Any ideas?

And thirdly, my petcock has been set to reserve since I got it about a month ago, should I switch it to on? Under what conditions do I need to pick a different selection?
    Last edited by Kat600noob; 05-27-2014, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kat600noob View Post
      My first issue, how can I completely remove the gas tank without draining the fuel? My second issue, On the first start of the day, my 93 600 has been smoking white from the exhaust...to the point where my garage is cloudy, but stops after I turn the choke off when it's warmed up. Any ideas?

You don't have to drain the tank. The petcock should only flow fuel when the bike is not running, in the prime position. If that is not the case in your situation, then that is something you need to fix.

Read about the petcock here... http://katriders.com/wiki/index.php5?title=Petcock

White = water/moisture. Are you sure it's white? If yes, it's probably mostly normal depending on the amount of moisture in the air. If it's not normal, then the only things to do is keep water out of the exhaust and clean - flush the gas tank

As a general rule, never run an engine in an enclosed area for any length of time.

Originally posted by Kat600noob View Post
      And thirdly, my petcock has been set to reserve since I got it about a month ago, should I switch it to on? Under what conditions do I need to pick a different selection?

Reserve = out of fuel and need a little more to get to a gas station.

On = primary fuel source.

Prime = bike is not running, and you want to prime or fill the float bowls. Very short lived setting, never leave it there.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
      X