No announcement yet.
X

Y2KTJ's $50 1990 gsx600f build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana 35, chromoly axles, SYE, 456 on 31,s (still need to drive on the freeway)
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• So been a year since the last post. Been messing with the bike last couple weeks so progress continues at a snail's pace.

Comment

• Picking this up today for less than replacement exhaust would have cost. Buddy moved with the navy and in the process lost all his paperwork so between that and needing to get an inspection he decided to unload it. It is in great shape and he was riding it last sept before he started working on it and got posted. It came with a bunch of the parts he had removed like the rear inner fender and lights so it looks like I might actually be able to get collector plates for it so insurance will be dirt cheap. Expect to see a lot more from me in the next mounth!!!!!

Last edited by y2ktj; 07-14-2020, 12:31 AM.

Comment

• So got the new bike home without any issues thanks to some hauling tips from the site. Its a 97 with 50k km (30k miles). Exhaust is in great shape which was the main reason for picking it up. Rubber is fairly new and every thing else looks in decent shape. Threw my battery and some gas in it to see if it would start but not right away. With a little spray of starting fluid it fired up and idled but died as soon as I took the choke off. And it really didn't want to start without the starting fluid. Tried all kinds of different choke settings and it only fired a couple times without the fluid.

Should the choke be needed to start it up in 74deg weather?

And as soon as I gave it any throttle it died right away.

And there is a added in fuel filter to the fuel lines. I've read mixed thoughts on having one.

So I'm guessing it needs a carb cleaning. Been awhile since I did the one on the other bike so going to re-read carbs 101 right now.

If anyone thinks it might be something else please speak up.

Comment

Working...
          X