Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Welcome to KatRiders.com! > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to KatRiders.com! We're glad you found us!
Please take a minute to introduce yourself and tell us about your bike.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2018, 09:28 AM   #1
Christof13T
Skid Mark
 
Christof13T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Telferner, Texas
Posts: 2

Default Hi from 3rd Coast, Texas! Ya'll selling any hurricane repellent??

Hi people.
New to owning a Katana, but been riding and wrenching on any and all classes of bikes for 20+ years. The addiction hit me pretty young. I do it all. Mechanical, machine work, hot metal, brute Force cold working... Metal literally runs through my veins from being exposed to it for so long. Still... Kinda handy to only EVER have to take my bikes to dealerships for tire changes and inspections.

I recently picked up my dream bike of over 2 decades. I have wanted a Kat since way back and just waited until that perfect deal fell in my lap.
I found a damn near immaculate 06 with 3,500 miles on the clock for a listed price I couldn't believe. Apparently dood was in black bad hurt for cash because in a months time I watched the price fall from 2,600 to 1,700 and started frothing at the mouth. Took a few days for the guy to respond to me about it so I had kinda given up , then sure enough.. he msg'd back and still had it.
It started up cold with a tap on the start button and ran beautiful. Needed a set of tires tho... So I got the dood to come down another bill. 1,600$ with a clean clear signed title!

And here we are a couple thousand miles later and it just runs better and better the more she gets broken in. My dream bike come true!
__________________
06 Suzuki GSX750F - 5,7xx miles
06 Suzuki LS650 Savage - 7,5xx miles
83 Suzuki Gs550ES - 12,000 miles - restoring
02 Yamaha YZF600R - 106,285 miles

Last edited by Christof13T; 09-13-2018 at 09:39 AM..
Christof13T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:28 AM   #2
shpielers
Kat Legend
 
shpielers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 4,028

Default

Welcome aboard!
__________________
1998 Katana 750
1992 Katana 1100
2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles
shpielers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:47 AM   #3
Swamp_Donkey
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Georgia
Posts: 69

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christof13T View Post
Hi people.
New to owning a Katana, but been riding and wrenching on any and all classes of bikes for 20+ years. The addiction hit me pretty young. I do it all. Mechanical, machine work, hot metal, brute Force cold working... Metal literally runs through my veins from being exposed to it for so long. Still... Kinda handy to only EVER have to take my bikes to dealerships for tire changes and inspections.

I recently picked up my dream bike of over 2 decades. I have wanted a Kat since way back and just waited until that perfect deal fell in my lap.
I found a damn near immaculate 06 with 3,500 miles on the clock for a listed price I couldn't believe. Apparently dood was in black bad hurt for cash because in a months time I watched the price fall from 2,600 to 1,700 and started frothing at the mouth. Took a few days for the guy to respond to me about it so I had kinda given up , then sure enough.. he msg'd back and still had it.
It started up cold with a tap on the start button and ran beautiful. Needed a set of tires tho... So I got the dood to come down another bill. 1,600$ with a clean clear signed title!

And here we are a couple thousand miles later and it just runs better and better the more she gets broken in. My dream bike come true!

Howdy!

I got my Kat similarly.
Dud, wouldn't come down though.
$1800.

I've been riding the punk out of it.

I almost bought the farm yesterday though when some butthead passed me on the left as I was turning left.
If it wasn't for my lightning fast reflexes.....

I am currently looking for a mounting system for a .50 cal BAR to rig up on the front fairings.
That will deal with future instances!
Swamp_Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:53 PM   #4
Christof13T
Skid Mark
 
Christof13T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Telferner, Texas
Posts: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp_Donkey View Post
I am currently looking for a mounting system for a .50 cal BAR to rig up on the front fairings.
That will deal with future instances!
The B.A.R was never chambered in .50.
It was .30-06.
Christof13T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:04 AM   #5
zuma
Kat King
 
zuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,628

Default

Well dudes, keep an eye out for those herkins!
__________________


"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."
zuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:34 AM   #6
Swamp_Donkey
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Georgia
Posts: 69

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christof13T View Post
The B.A.R was never chambered in .50.
It was .30-06.
O.K.
You got one I can have?
Swamp_Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 04:53 PM   #7
zuma
Kat King
 
zuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,628

Default

Dude, as long as you're going to the trouble, just mount an anti-aircraft gun. That's the only way to go, isn't it?
zuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:57 AM   #8
Swamp_Donkey
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Georgia
Posts: 69

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuma View Post
Dude, as long as you're going to the trouble, just mount an anti-aircraft gun. That's the only way to go, isn't it?
Do you think I will have to upgrade the front suspension with the A/A?

Because with the .50,....errr....30.06..... I would only have to add a little extra air to the front tire.

Swamp_Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 01:10 PM   #9
zuma
Kat King
 
zuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,628

Default

Yeah, I think you'll be okay with some extra air.
zuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 02:33 PM   #10
92xjunker
Neo-maxoid-zoomed-bweebie
Supporting Member
 
92xjunker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,025
eBay ID: guysmustang

Default

You may need a seat belt though.....the recoil is going to be rough....
__________________
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
spammer police
USAF veteran
If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group
92xjunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

  KatRiders.com > Welcome to KatRiders.com! > Introductions

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Howdy from the Texas Coast ndcouey70 Introductions 5 07-04-2016 11:12 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Katriders.com, Copyright ©2004 - 2018

Like Cigars? Check out Vitola.org