No announcement yet.
X

HID system!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll really love them. After riding withg HIDs, you'll wonder how you ever went without them. I went with 4 6000Ks. Little less light, but the bluish tint matches the color of my bike and the color tends to stand out more in daytime traffic (cause it looks different. As the '14 has 4 projector beam headlights, I guarantee you can see me coming for miles if I light up all four. A friend of mine remarked that looking into my 14's headlights was about as easy as looking into the sun.
    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Still need to install it but I took some pics of the bulb. It eems to be of high quality! It looks as if the bulb/reflector is on a type of worm drive? when you put it on high beam, it rotates and re tracks in. I also measured from the bulb base up, and the arc lamp is in the exact same place as the filament on an H4 bulb. Given this, the pattern should be good. I'll post more pic tonight after the install.

Here's some pics of the bulb.

Comment

Install is finished, and all works well. here's some pics. Pattern pics on the way(not dark yet). took about 1 hour.

Comment

Ok, back from the test ride! Cruised around Alameda(the place were cops give tickets for most anything)for about an hour . approched APD in opposite directions three times without any issues. Did some two lane highways without getting flashed. The lamp looks really good! It's a 4300k bulb and looks more like a Halogen than an HID, Very easy on the eyes! The High beam works great! and only takes a ms to switch.

Here's a couple of pics.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXfs600 View Post
            what system did you buy?

It was from an old spotlight the battery went bad in i just took the bulb and balast and put the bulb in the factory setup. When i take the plastics off again ill take some pics but its no diff than any of the systems ive seen online.
            Ride within your limits. Not sombody elses.

sigpic
            88 GSX1100F Kat

Comment

Very nice! I like that setup much more than mine since it retains hi/low functionality. Good work.
              The fuel injected Katana project

Comment

Awesome light output mate, looks like it'll be heaps safer on the roads with that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Robgsxf750 View Post
                  Awesome light output mate, looks like it'll be heaps safer on the roads with that much.
                  I hope so!

Comment

Came home last night (1 am)from a SVMUG meeting, I took HW 280, a very dark 4 lane empty route. I must say that the HID system is of top quality and I'm very impressed with the amount of light and the pattern of light. I just may need to convert all my vehicles the HID!

Comment

I think I'm going to buy that exact set up. Did yours come with the heavy duty power harness or thin power wire? I have a Pre kat 600. What did you get the h4? I think I want the 6000k,I like the white a little more. It's a little more than the stuff on ebay, but it looks like it's a much better piece and has the best warranty out there,plus free shipping!
                      Last edited by ctrailfreak; 01-25-2009, 09:29 PM.
                      Representing the Pre's! Updated my Garage so have a look!

Comment

Originally posted by ctrailfreak View Post
                        I think I'm going to buy that exact set up. Did yours come with the heavy duty power harness or thin power wire? I have a Pre kat 600. What did you get the h4 with 6000k? It's a little more than the stuff on ebay, but it looks like it's a much better piece and has the best warranty out there,plus free shipping!
                        Came with the relay harness, but the hot lead was about a foot short.

I went with 4300K because that is the natural color of the arc and has the highest output. All other temps have a coating on the bulb.

Make sure to use star washers, as I did not the first time around and got a blink when I hit the start button. After putting star washers on my ground points, it fixed the blink/light drop at startUp.

I really like the system! But I've read about others who are happy with cheaper systems. There's about a $30. swing among the different systems.

I called and talk to todd (owner of store) and he seemed like a good guy, so I gave him the money! I know these sellers are paying like $60. for the kits, but I'd need to buy 100 kits from china to get that price. And who the helll knows what they'd send me.

Comment

looks good I cant wait to get a set for mine!

Comment

Originally posted by ctrailfreak View Post
                            I think I'm going to buy that exact set up. Did yours come with the heavy duty power harness or thin power wire? I have a Pre kat 600. What did you get the h4? I think I want the 6000k,I like the white a little more. It's a little more than the stuff on ebay, but it looks like it's a much better piece and has the best warranty out there,plus free shipping!
                            6000K could get you noticed by cops way to much! You may want to start with a 5000K, it's plenty white! I've seen them and there's no yellow and very little blue(if any). The 6000K look blue as heck!
                            Last edited by GSXfs600; 01-15-2009, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the input, I don't want the blue,More pure white than anything. I have Hid for my mountain bike and you would not believe how bright it is,but then again.... it cost $250.00 more than this system does and it's for a bicycle!

I just like the fact that it has a wider path and shoots further out, because we have tons of deer and woods by my house and I'm always in a close encounter with deer at night! I have to drive 30mph or under at night, because the wooded line is only 5ft from the road on either side for 4 miles, before you can hit open road.
                              Last edited by ctrailfreak; 01-15-2009, 12:53 AM.
                              Representing the Pre's! Updated my Garage so have a look!

Comment

I cleaned up what little glare I had with some VHT paint.

Comment

Working...
                                X