X

What do you think about taillight with integrated turn signa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think about taillight with integrated turn signa

I made two home made linces pate brackets out of 1/8" thick aluminum and both of them broke on the side where the turn signals hang. It is caused by stress marks on the metal; resulting from the vibration. I could have made them from steal, but I don't have the proper tools.

Anyhow, what do you think about tail light with integrated turn signals? Is it going to be visible enought for cagers? Do you have anything against them? Do you recommend anything else?

I have cat-eye lights on my Katana and they look great. The drawback is they are not as visible during the day but are more noticable at night. I wasm seriously considering the integrated turn signals. What stopped me was me being too lazy to wire the thing up.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

I have the integrated tail/turn and have had no problems with any one seeing me duing the day..

You are welcome to come up here and see it for yourself, It is what about an hour or so to get up here? I am off exit 23 on I385 if that helps to let you know how far away I am if you do want to see one for yourself.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred
        I have the integrated tail/turn and have had no problems with any one seeing me duing the day..

You are welcome to come up here and see it for yourself, It is what about an hour or so to get up here? I am off exit 23 on I385 if that helps to let you know how far away I am if you do want to see one for yourself.
        I appreciate the invitation Zuki, however my turn signal is broken now, and I need to install a new one before I ride it.
        Which brands do you have? I only found one made by Clear Alternative.

Comment

I love my Clear Alternative integrated signal. It's plenty bright, especially in low light at night. I think in the dark the light is brighter than stock, and the turn signals are brighter then aftermarket mini signals, and not much less bright than the stock turns. The license plate mount is just aluminum angle I cut down, ground smooth and painted flat black to match the undertail.
          Attached Files

Comment

Mine is Clear Alternative, I got it from ebay for $70.00 shipped, came with every thing needed to install.

Comment

whatever Zleviticus has...THATS the one to get.

It is red for brake and yellow for turn...integrated and LED....very bright in the daytime

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                whatever Zleviticus has...THATS the one to get.

It is red for brake and yellow for turn...integrated and LED....very bright in the daytime
                That would be the Clear Alternative..

Comment

How did you make your original brackets? I am surprised to hear that you broke 1/8" thick aluminum. Do you have pics of the brackets?

If you do go integrated goet what Z has. Like Range said it is a nice setup that works well.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
                    How did you make your original brackets? I am surprised to hear that you broke 1/8" thick aluminum. Do you have pics of the brackets?

If you do go integrated goet what Z has. Like Range said it is a nice setup that works well.
                    Here is a picture of the broken bracket. The first one lasted 200 miles, and the second lasted 800 miles becaues it was 1.5" shorter. I believe the constant vibration caused stress and the metal broke.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I run integrated signals on the Bandit and the Ninja while the Aprilia has them as stock. I use short stalk signals on the Kat though.
                      Ron
                      MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Hey johne1000, I had the same exact problem, I went through two sets of those brackets. Tabs got stress from the bend and broke off after a couple weeks from vibration. The second bracket resulted in my signal (Clear Alternatives) to get buffed by my rear tire, most pissed off. So I said screw it, broke of the other signal bracket, went down to clear alternatives (I was in Vegas at the time) bought the integrated light, spend maybe 20 minutes to do wiring and voila, sweetness! Lights are brighter and I don't have to check my damn blinkers everytime I get off the bike to see if they broke off. I'm actually surprised no one else has had theirs break off like us!
                        Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Comment

Oh by the way, cool thing was that w/ katriders discount, I think the price was 70 bucks but I only had twenties, so the guy sold it to me for 60 bucks! ChaaaaChiiing!
                          Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Comment

What type of aluminum was it? it looks like you used too tight of a bend radius.

You could buy one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FENDE...spagenameZWDVW I bought one an I was impressed with the quaility. It is laser cut stainless steel and should do the job for you.

Comment

Taz made a bracket out of 1/8" aluminum. As far as I know, he hasn't had any problems with it. Another option would be to weld the edge of the bent part to the edge of the non-bent part. More stability. Of course, how many people have a welder at home?

I would also suggest getting the short stock signals if you're going to use the bracket. The stock signals are big and clunky in my opinion.
                              Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                              -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                              -Terence

Comment

Working...
                              X